Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 15:52 

Anyone able to figure out the issue with the missing letters of the area names while using the texture disable mod?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 17:31 

it seems texture mod caused an issue with missing letter's in specific resolutions, i've tried using higher than 4k then the letter's are missing . guys you could try using alternative mod here on nexusmods for now MINIMAL HUD

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 18:19 

If anyone is still having issues with the game still not running at an unlocked framerate at fullscreen with the fps fix installed it ONLY seems to work for me if Gsync is enabled.

I tried turning it off out of curiosity and it was back to 60fps. Tested a bunch of different things like changing the refresh rate in the d3dx config, turning on and off the fullscreen optimisations option, etc. Nothing made any difference as long as Gsync was disabled. But then I turned it on again and hey presto it was running at 120fps fullscreen.

Not sure if this is a bug or I missed something. I went through my Nvidia control panel and profile inspector to check if anything had changed since the last driver update but everything was the same. Currently using a 120fps cap in the inspector but again that doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 18:41 

I'm having issues as well. I've tried just about everything. I've tried using steamless, editing the hex-file, and running v1 of the FPS fix. I've tried using v4.7 of the file and v2 of the FPS fix. I've tried fullscreen, windowed, hdr on, hdr off, freesync on, freesync off, 100fps, 120fps, 144fps, and unlocked. I've also tried changing the refresh rate in the d3dx.ini file. I've also unplugged all of my other monitors.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 23:13 

susahamat wrote:
it seems texture mod caused an issue with missing letter's in specific resolutions, i've tried using higher than 4k then the letter's are missing . guys you could try using alternative mod here on nexusmods for now MINIMAL HUD

Thanks for the heads up - got to ask thou: do you know how to disable just that specific part of the texture mod by jack? Cause I need to keep the .ini (at least afaik) to "force" the unlocked framerate on fullscreen.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2019, 23:23 

jackfuste wrote:
Attachment:
Disable_textures_v3.7z

Attachment:
Sekiro_FPS_v2.7z

Hi there jackfuste, I know this is weird to ask but is there is any possibility for you to create a fix for this steam thread (you need to read the 3rd post by me since it has all the details): https://steamcommunity.com/app/814380/d ... 586318379/

Basically I want to test if you can create something that blocks HDR detection when the game launches... I am assuming here if that were possible then it could potentially fix the mixing of multiple monitors non-hdr/hdr capable screens stuck at 20fps issue. Not needing to physically unplug all the other monitors before running the game to fix it.

As in saying if your main display "does not have HDR" which is where you play the game and you have another plugged in screen that "does have HDR" then it causes the issue. I have 4 monitors so its a big hassle to unplug all other screens every time before I go play the game.

Do you think you could create such a thing, block HDR detection upon launching the game? Of course if needed you can use me as a guinea pig for testing either here or on discord

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 01:02 

RyoHazukiITA wrote:
susahamat wrote:

Thanks for the heads up - got to ask thou: do you know how to disable just that specific part of the texture mod by jack? Cause I need to keep the .ini (at least afaik) to "force" the unlocked framerate on fullscreen.

If you don't need to remove textures just get the original files from 3Dmigoto here: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases
Version 1.3.15 and in the x64 folder all you need is d3d11.dll, d3dcompiler_46.dll, and d3dx.ini and in the d3dx.ini you can delete everything except:
Code:
[Device]

; overrides refresh rate set by game.
refresh_rate=1000

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 12:35 

susahamat wrote:

I've tried MINIMAL HUD - problem is that mod doesn't take into account 21:9 res or any other than 16:9 so you're back having black 16:9 masks everytime there's a load screen, and also MINIMAL HUD does not remove faded background for dialogues. For now I'd rather have a missing letter or two :D

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 13:06 

yup some overlays still there w/ that mod . i revert too with jackfuste texture mod

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 14:34 

I made an account on here to just say thanks to Jackfuste and everyone else on this thread who helped with fixes and advice on implementing them. I am playing at 100 fps ultrawide and its incredible. I reached out to Jackfuste about a donation link because I would love to at least contribute something. Or if someone can let me know what people do about that around here I would appreciate it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next