Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 09:37 

+1 would be awesome to get this sorted

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 18:00 

Edit: I just cannot seem to get this to work, no idea what im doing wrong....i need a step by step conclusive guide for idiots it seems :( Or ! someone install it for me via teamviewer..im on the WSGF discord grp[/quote]

Okay, completely step by step:

Download the .zip file from here.
Extract the .zip file to get the .exe file.
Backup your original .exe in the directory mentioned before.
Copy the new .exe into that very same folder.
Rename the new .exe so it has exactly the same name (including capitalization) as the original .exe.
Start the game.
Load your savegame.
If necessary, set display options to "Fullscreen" and confirm.

That's it.[/quote]

Thanks so much Homer, got it working :)

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 18:13 

Sorry , I used it ,but it does not work ,is there some special setting for display mode in game ?

thanks a lot !!!

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 18:45 

thaiusmle wrote:
I am waiting to purchase DQ 11 once ultrawide is working correctly. Glad to see nice progression. I wonder the remaining bug may need someone that know how the engine works to fix it. Kaidaien on steam is very knowledgeable https://steamcommunity.com/app/742120/d ... 103882377/
I can't post on steam yet. Can anyone ask him if he can help? Thanks.

He seems preoccupied on adding HDR to the game and that will be a while to finish. He's also just ignoring all the 21 9 requests so I doubt anything will come out of it :(

Let's be grateful there is a solution and if there's a 100% fix then that's a nice bonus. Thank you modders for the hard work we appreciate it.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 21:14 

So I followed the directions and replaced the stock .exe with the one from this thread. It’s does fill the screen completely but the characters look ever so slightly stretched/fat. Do I need to select a resolution at all? I selected full screen under the options already but my resolution in game is set for 2160x1440 (although I’m not sure that even matters with this fix)

There’s no distortion or anything but people just look a tad “round”

Never played a Dragon Quest game before so don’t have prior graphics to compare it to. Anyway to tell that I installed this right?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 21:24 

There is no "installing", it's just replace & run -- and there is no aspect ratio distortion, unless something somehow went wrong on your end that shouldn't have been possible to go wrong.
Most likely you're simply referring to the typical character design for DQ that's extremely similar to Blue Dragon as well as Dragon Ball, since all of those had the same lead character artist, Toriyama-san.

If it looks like this on your end, everything's fine... if it is wider than that (relative width, mind, not absolute), then yes, something isn't working as intended.

Also, as one can see from my screenshot, I've gone back to the original .exe -- those glitches with the fade outs are just so majorly ugly and annoying, I'd rather play with bars than endure 100+ hours of those visual glitches.
Still thankful to everyone who tried making 21:9 true Ultrawide possible, of course, just angry that Squenix has screwed this up so badly and made it so hard to fix.

• Display: Alienware AW3418DW 34" 21:9 IPS@100 Hz native(!) 3440x1440

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 22:34 

I guess I needed to exit/restart the game after selecting full screen as I quit and came back in and now it looks perfect! (I do see the screen shifted slightly on the loading screens but it's a minor thing).

Thanks everyone and appreciate the work on this!

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2018, 05:02 

Spacerik wrote:
thaiusmle wrote:
I am waiting to purchase DQ 11 once ultrawide is working correctly. Glad to see nice progression. I wonder the remaining bug may need someone that know how the engine works to fix it. Kaidaien on steam is very knowledgeable https://steamcommunity.com/app/742120/d ... 103882377/
I can't post on steam yet. Can anyone ask him if he can help? Thanks.

He seems preoccupied on adding HDR to the game and that will be a while to finish. He's also just ignoring all the 21 9 requests so I doubt anything will come out of it :(

Let's be grateful there is a solution and if there's a 100% fix then that's a nice bonus. Thank you modders for the hard work we appreciate it.

He may thought that it is already fully working. I wonder if he aware of the issue that we are discussing here.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2018, 20:53 

Can someone please share a working .7z file? Jackfuste's link is broken.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2018, 18:39 

Image is stretched with the .exe's provided here. Not sure why anyone hasn't mentioned this. Restarting or keeping it in "full screen" mode does not fix fat characters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next