Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2018, 05:05 

thanks DaftBehemoth :cheers:

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 20:50 

So I finally got around to testing the 4:3 EXE on my own PC (still building my dad's PC). And it works, but I have to insert the 4:3 EXE and use the black bar remover tool.

I also noticed that the old 4:3 EXE is missing some of the new stuff like the 120fps options. So I'm wondering if it's missing out on some other new stuff too, like bug fixes and performance tweaks. Using different EXE's also seems to create separate save folders, though you can copy the contents between them.

So do you think I need an updated 4:3 EXE or should this one work indefinitely?

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2018, 07:07 

you can use this alternative method to Set custom frame rate

Go to Documents\My Games\DRAGON QUEST XI\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
Open GameUserSettings.ini.
Change FrameRateLimit=60.000000 to the desired value.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2018, 21:14 

Game updated again, sent to you via WeTransfer.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2018, 19:03 

daiceman wrote:
Game updated again, sent to you via WeTransfer.

When? I didn't get an update that I'm aware of other than just the first one.

Can anybody upload a 3440x1440 trainer for the latest patch? I prefer to be able to toggle between 21:9 and 16:9 because some cutscenes are very messy with 21:9 enabled.
I didn't notice the old old was broken with the patch until today when I finally updated my OOM, I was using the hot fix that used the non-patched exe and the old trainer worked fine with that. :P
Thank you in advance!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2018, 23:01 

susahamat wrote:
@harime : sorry for being late to make a fix , i've been hangout with family this day
here's the fix for new patch guys

21:9
DQXI3440x1440_Patch1
DQXI2560x1080_Patch1

Credit to harime for original exe

Hey guys! Does this work with the latest patch? The one with the unlimited framerate support and stuff? And also with the newest OOM?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like OOM doesn't require EXE replacement anymore so I don't think it matters on that front.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2018, 00:17 

PatriotRDX wrote:
susahamat wrote:
@harime : sorry for being late to make a fix , i've been hangout with family this day
here's the fix for new patch guys

21:9
DQXI3440x1440_Patch1
DQXI2560x1080_Patch1

Credit to harime for original exe

Hey guys! Does this work with the latest patch? The one with the unlimited framerate support and stuff? And also with the newest OOM?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like OOM doesn't require EXE replacement anymore so I don't think it matters on that front.

I just tested with this exe and it appears to be working just fine. Just install OOM V2 and use this exe. The ini edit that unlocks the framerate is still working as usual.

From the looks of things, whatever quiet patch they did broke the executable that OOM was using, rather than the ultrawide version we have here. Now that OOM V2 doesn't rely on an external injector, things should be a bit less of a hassle now.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2018, 04:09 

You're right, works flawlessly.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2018, 20:32 

Can anyone else comment on their performance hit of the Ultrawide Fix? Original 2560 x 1440 is between 100 - 120 fps for me. With the Ultrawide it goes to 60 - 75 fps, I know 3440 is more taxing, but this is considerably more then usual. I have an RTX 2080 (1080ti) & 8700k @5Ghz if that's comparable to anyone else.

There is also some interesting things I've noted through going through all of this all day.

With the fix alone, playing on Full Screen (First switching to Borderless then back to Full Screen) causes cinematic, loading screens & Menu's to all be centered and take up the entire screen in Ultrawide (and it look's great!).

However in game, the image quality is largely distorted. Changing display in game to Borderless clears up the quality, but then (naturally) G-Sync doesn't work and frames are even lower then Full Screen. Not to mention, cinematic & loading screens are on the far left in 16:9, leaving a large black space on the right. Also, dialogue boxes are not centered but to the left.

I then tried playing this Ultrawide alongside Special K. All cinematic and loading screens are to the left with the large black space to the right, dialogues are left centered (Like Borderless from before). However, Full Screen no longer has worse image quality which enables a better frame rate & G-Sync to function. However, using Full Screen with Special K no longer gives the other benefits though either, such as 21:9 Cinematic (the Movies, not in game rendered) and loading screens.

Of course, as others have noted, everything in Ultrawide is effected by the thicker character boarders and what seems to be bad AA & just generally doesn't look the same as non-Ultrawide.

Using the 3440 fix + Special K is the closest to a playable experience I've got, but there are still many compromises.

It's all very odd. Square Enix could of saved everyone a lot of problems with what could be beautiful looking (& running) game.

Edit: I forgot to mention, that there is very noticeable ghosting.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2018, 02:42 

Azeemotron wrote:
Can anyone else comment on their performance hit of the Ultrawide Fix? Original 2560 x 1440 is between 100 - 120 fps for me. With the Ultrawide it goes to 60 - 75 fps, I know 3440 is more taxing, but this is considerably more then usual. I have an RTX 2080 (1080ti) & 8700k @5Ghz if that's comparable to anyone else.

There is also some interesting things I've noted through going through all of this all day.

With the fix alone, playing on Full Screen (First switching to Borderless then back to Full Screen) causes cinematic, loading screens & Menu's to all be centered and take up the entire screen in Ultrawide (and it look's great!).

However in game, the image quality is largely distorted. Changing display in game to Borderless clears up the quality, but then (naturally) G-Sync doesn't work and frames are even lower then Full Screen. Not to mention, cinematic & loading screens are on the far left in 16:9, leaving a large black space on the right. Also, dialogue boxes are not centered but to the left.

I then tried playing this Ultrawide alongside Special K. All cinematic and loading screens are to the left with the large black space to the right, dialogues are left centered (Like Borderless from before). However, Full Screen no longer has worse image quality which enables a better frame rate & G-Sync to function. However, using Full Screen with Special K no longer gives the other benefits though either, such as 21:9 Cinematic (the Movies, not in game rendered) and loading screens.

Of course, as others have noted, everything in Ultrawide is effected by the thicker character boarders and what seems to be bad AA & just generally doesn't look the same as non-Ultrawide.

Using the 3440 fix + Special K is the closest to a playable experience I've got, but there are still many compromises.

It's all very odd. Square Enix could of saved everyone a lot of problems with what could be beautiful looking (& running) game.

Edit: I forgot to mention, that there is very noticeable ghosting.

Yeah I've sort of gotten used to the ghosting and cinematics on one side of the screen. Good breakdown of the issues.

New patch out today as well. If only the patches would add 3440x1440 native support ;_;

EDIT: Last patch's fix is fully working. Noice lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next