Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2018, 00:11 

"zenz", My Norton Security Suite and Malwarebytes sure don't like that link you posted.....

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2018, 01:34 

WhizKid wrote:
"zenz", My Norton Security Suite and Malwarebytes sure don't like that link you posted.....

That may depend on the protection (vmprotect/denovu), developers choose to "pack" the file. Don`t use it, if you are not sure.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2018, 07:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Funkengreuven wrote:
Krygorian wrote:
OMW, I just got the response from Ubisoft to my support ticket request.

They indeed suggest (summarised):

"Turn off your outside two screens. Then the FOV slider will work."

I enquired about getting banned from multiplayer for using the fix found here.

Will report back when they answer.

Yea, I got nearly the same answer... BTW, it's not a good idea to call attention to the fact that this fix exists? They're never going to officially support a third party hack/fix or give you a "free pass" to use it, so there nothing to be gained by calling their attention to it. If you're worried about getting banned you shouldn't use it, rather than calling attention to the fact that other people are doing so...

Guys I got good news(well way better luck then you guys), here is my support ticket looks like all my screens and info paid off they are sending it to the devs! I am optimistic:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imad C @Ubisoft Support wrote: Apr 05, 2018 at 07:17 PM EDT
Hello valcan_s,

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. We have been extremely busy as of late and are working to answer all of the support cases that are coming in.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate the passion you have for our games.

This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review. Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy the game.

If any additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

Regards,
Ubisoft support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fingers, crossed and also that they will fix FC3, FC Primal and FC4, I know we have a solid fix for FC3 but I love to still see it as a native fix as well. Damn, would I really love a Primal and FC4 fix :cry: I am dying to play those two in multi-screen with proper FOV.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2018, 08:10 
Insiders
Insiders

jackfuste wrote:
Update for patch:

Attachment:
FC5_Unlock_FOV_v4.7z

Awesome, I just tried it and it works perfectly for the Uplay version with the new patch. Thanks man :rockout:

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2018, 23:41 

Here's the responses I have received from Ubisoft so far:

XXXXXX
March 28, 2018 6:33 PM

FOV is locked to 60 when using nVidia Surround.
The FOV slider is greyed out as soon as multi monitor surround resolution is selected.
The camera is stuck zoomed in so far that it makes you sick and dizzy to look at it.

The game is completely broken trying to play with multiple monitors while this bug is present.

Please fix it as this looks to be an awesome title otherwise.

Thanks,

XXXXXX.

DOCUMENTS
DxDiag.txt
MSinfo32.nfo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amelie C @ Ubisoft Support
April 05, 2018 7:58 PM

Hello XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! I see you only have one GPU enabled for the game. I would recommend trying only 1 monitor at the moment. It would be best to use one GPU per monitor for the best performance.

If this does not improve your field of vision, please let us know and we will continue to troubleshoot!

Thank you for your patience and assistance.

Best,
Amelie

XXXXXX
April 06, 2018 12:48 AM

Dear Ubisoft,

I think your technical support email support system has been compromised. This is all i can assume judging from the ludicrous response that I received from a Ubisoft email address earlier today. Please pass my support request to a higher tier of technical expertise that can at least manage to keep their email system secure so I don't receive any more 'troll' technical impersonation advice.

Once again, the FOV slider is LOCKED (greyed out) when using a tripple monitor setup (this is when the FOV slider is most needed). The game is being played on a fully water cooled enthusiast level rig with both CPU and GPU overclocked. The system is built for immersion and using only one monitor is not a suitable option to enjoy such a beautiful game on.

Please get back to me if this response makes it to an actual Ubisoft representative and not some random ill educated internet support troll.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX.

Amelie C @ Ubisoft Support
April 06, 2018 1:54 PM

Hello XXXXXX,

Thank you for your message. The game is not meant to be played with an overclocked GPU and a 3 monitor setup. This is most likely the cause of the issue you are experiencing. If you would rather not use one monitor, I recommend at least going down to two.

If this does not improve your field of vision, please let us know and we will continue to troubleshoot. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best,
Amelie

XXXXXX
April 06, 2018 6:14 PM

Dear Amelie C,

You are providing no technical assistance whatsoever. Have you tried to load Far Cry 5 and chosen a surround resolution? The game actually has this support built into it. The menu system actually lets you choose which monitor you would like the UI to be on. The people who developed it actually let you choose nVidia Surround in the menu system. This game runs very well with nVidia Surround. The FOV slider becomes locked at this point and locks the FOV to 60. This is actually a bug as no person in the right mind would try to play a surround resolution at 60 FOV!

You could easily forward this to a higher level of technical support or as a development bug to be looked into, but instead you choose to tell me to play it on less monitors. My GPU is not meant to play this game because it is overclocked you say! It is not meant for 3 monitors even though support for 3 monitors is built right in you say! Are you for real?

Stop trolling me and pass this on to someone who will take this issue seriously.

I'll be sure to post this to the many forums complaining about this exact same issue for the masses to see how ridiculous it can be trying to get help from the front line technical support at Ubisoft.

Thanks,

XXXXXX.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2018, 02:47 

Update:

Catherine B @Ubisoft Support wrote: Apr 06, 2018 at 08:35 PM EDT
Hello XXXXXX,

I do apologize but we would not be able to assist you if you are not willing to try the steps we are suggesting.
As the previous agent has said, the game is not meant to be played with an overclocked GPU and a 3 monitor setup.
If you could at least try to use only one monitor, and see if it helps you run the game properly, that would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Catherine

It can be said that though it may be tough to win and argument with a smart person, it is damn near impossible to win an argument with a idiot.

www.steampowered.com just sent you a full refund of $119.99 CAD for your purchase.

Posted here as well: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1 ... st13429463

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2018, 20:18 

crowbartool wrote:
Update:

Catherine B @Ubisoft Support wrote: Apr 06, 2018 at 08:35 PM EDT
Hello XXXXXX,

I do apologize but we would not be able to assist you if you are not willing to try the steps we are suggesting.
As the previous agent has said, the game is not meant to be played with an overclocked GPU and a 3 monitor setup.
If you could at least try to use only one monitor, and see if it helps you run the game properly, that would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Catherine

It can be said that though it may be tough to win and argument with a smart person, it is damn near impossible to win an argument with a idiot.

http://www.steampowered.com just sent you a full refund of $119.99 CAD for your purchase.

Posted here as well: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1 ... st13429463

Oh. My. Word. (Another word is more appropriate than "word" there.)

I can barely believe what I am reading.

Surely that response must be sent to all the gaming magazines and all the review sites and some American lawyer with too much time on their hands must launch a misleading advertising case or something?

I am flabbergasted.

Anyway - in unrelated news, I am pretty near the end of the single player campaign (I think) playing at 7680 x 1440 on Ultra (THAT MEANS ON 3 MONITORS, if Ubisoft reads this) with an 89 Field of view at a stable 60FPS using Jackfurste's patch, and it looks glorious.

Whether Ubisoft knows it or not, this game WAS designed for Surround/Eyefinity.

How do we tell them?!

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2018, 14:18 

Got a reply from Ricco at Ubisoft who was far more diplomatic than Catherine above. Will post full conversation later. (My email is not on my gaming computer.)

In short, "punishment" because of using the "hack" is done by a machine with no human intervention, so we are at risk when we start trying to play multi-player.

Our problem has been forwarded to the devs but "they can't accpet suggestions from outside the company" on how to fix the game.

Whatever that means, I did not feel insulted by the reply, just that they were not in a position to help, because we are in the minority and not a priority.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 14:58 

zens wrote:
Thx again @jackfuste, i want to show a way to disable anticheat directly in the engine "FC_m64.dll". So no need to modified anticheat.dll anymore.

Search: "40 55 53 56 57 41 56 48 8D AC 24 B0 FD FF FF"
Patch: "B0 01 C3 56 57 41 56 48 8D AC 24 B0 FD FF FF"

Its the begin of the main function. So all we have todo, is patch the function out by placing mov al,1 retn at beginning.

Original:

Patch:

Example dll (no_easyanticheat), contains "jackfuste" patches too (title update 4) :

FC_m64_no_easyanticheat.rar: http://anonfile.com/Pffcb5e5ba/FC_m64_no_easyanticheat.rar

Greetings
zens

Probably a stupid question, but is it still necessary to play in offline mode with this? Thanks :)

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 21:17 

@SubSonix

If u want to use a modified version of the "FC_m64.dll", in this case for the fov correction and the blackbars, u have to deal with EasyAntiCheat service, so u need to disable that in some way. So its on ur own risk if u do that, maybe its a good decision then, to play the game as most "offline" as possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next