Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 06:08 

zens wrote:
@SubSonix

If u want to use a modified version of the "FC_m64.dll", in this case for the fov correction and the blackbars, u have to deal with EasyAntiCheat service, so u need to disable that in some way. So its on ur own risk if u do that, maybe its a good decision then, to play the game as most "offline" as possible.

I thought your version did disable EAC?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 07:20 

It does and works online/offline.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 10:44 

Thanks Zens, that looks promising. Anyone risked it with online play?

In the meantime: Here was my reply from Ubisoft:

"Hello KRYGORIAN,

Thank you for reaching Ubisoft Customer Support.

My name is Ricco and I will be assisting you with your case.

I understand that you have some feedback to offer regarding the issue that you had with your 3 screen configuration to play Far Cry 5. But I must advise you the the anti-cheat system may detect this alteration that you have done in your system, and you may be penalised for it.
It is done automatically by the system. We do not endorse any code change in the games, unless done by our Developers Team.

Regardless we love hearing ideas directly from gamers and appreciate the support from fans like you, although we cannot accept or consider creative ideas from outside the company for legal reasons, but we definitely still want your feedback.

I would also recommend that you post your suggestions and feedback on our forums pages to ensure your feedback receives as much exposure as possible. The Community Managers and Developers are always monitoring the forum pages to observe the Community opinions and reactions. The Community Managers would really like to hear comments such as this so they can show the company an accurate representation of the community.

Official Ubisoft Forum: https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1579-Far-Cry-5

Improvements and adjustments are being made all the time, so you may see these changes in the future.
Rest assured, I will forward your comment to the proper department so hopefully there may be an improvement for this issue in the future.

I hope that answers your questions. Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information.

Kind Regards,
Ricco
Ubisoft Customer Support"

So guys and girls, remember: NO CREATIVE IDEAS TO UBISOFT. They might get into trouble for LEGAL REASONS.

Let us hope that "multi-monitor support" is not a creative idea, or we are doomed.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 13:55 

After unlocking the fov the game is playable but the cutscenes and the binocular view are still out of proportion, any possibile solution to this problem? Thanks

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 23:03 

I ran into an odd problem running FC_Unlock_FOV_v4 -- With the mod installed, turning my character results in a huge delay. After restoring the original files, it goes back to normal and I can turn my character without any hiccup. Pretty weird.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 23:11 

Krygorian wrote:
Thanks Zens, that looks promising. Anyone risked it with online play?

Well i have to correct me, campaign works (coop i didnt tested), for the multiplayer lobby (exmp. TDM) u just will not get connected to other players.

Don`t see a big risk getting banned but sometimes shit just happend.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 08:18 

Is someone having problem with the cutscenes and the view from the binoculars? The image is terribly out of proportion.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 10:57 

@Meme - you are doing something wrong. Besides the "black bars" on the outer screens, the binoculars work fine.
Besides, they are binoculars. That is how they work. You can't see out the sides! :P

I played 4 games of multi-player last night. WOW so much of fun. Kinda a mixture of Counterstrike meets Battlefield 2 but with a decent respawn time.

Enjoyed it immensely and didn't get banned.
(Of course I was always either worst or second worst in my team, so nobody would have accused me of cheating.
I blame the lag. I am in Africa and the servers are... elsewhere, apparently.)

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 21:05 

Krygorian wrote:

So guys and girls, remember: NO CREATIVE IDEAS TO UBISOFT. .

So UbiSoft doesn't want any creative Ideas from outside their Bubble. Gotta Love It.......

Last edited by WhizKid on 19 Apr 2018, 06:56, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018, 07:07 

zens wrote:
Thx again @jackfuste, i want to show a way to disable anticheat directly in the engine "FC_m64.dll". So no need to modified anticheat.dll anymore.

Search: "40 55 53 56 57 41 56 48 8D AC 24 B0 FD FF FF"
Patch: "B0 01 C3 56 57 41 56 48 8D AC 24 B0 FD FF FF"

Its the begin of the main function. So all we have todo, is patch the function out by placing mov al,1 retn at beginning.

Original:
https://preview.ibb.co/dT8CcH/eac_main.jpg

Patch:
https://preview.ibb.co/ca6Jjx/eac_main_patch.jpg

Example dll (no_easyanticheat), contains "jackfuste" patches too (title update 4) :

FC_m64_no_easyanticheat.rar: http://anonfile.com/Pffcb5e5ba/FC_m64_no_easyanticheat.rar

Greetings
zens

Hey zens. I appreciate your efforts. Could you please upload this file to a non-sketchy website? The website you linked waits about 5 seconds, then attempts to redirect you to another website that exhibits malware-type behavior. I use Eset Smart Security and it just flat out banned the website and identified several files in the redirect website that were malware (such as the favicon).

To be clear, the file you uploaded is not what is being flagged for malware, or even the website anonfile.com itself, but the website it redirects to.

EDIT: I was able to get past the page redirects and download the file. I scanned it with my AV and it came up clean. I used the file in game and now my game's FOV is fixed without messing with the anticheat dll. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next