Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 07:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2017, 16:57 

Could someone please look into an Okami HD 21:9 fix? Or does anyone know of an existing one?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2017, 21:45 

That would be great!

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2017, 03:20 

I don't think this is coming guys. Through my own testing with the PS2 version using PCSX2 I have found that 21:9 is possible but it causes issues when you are near trees. Basically, when you are close to a tree, giant branches and leaves just come from every direction and cover the entire screen. You can not see anything else. Yes it sounds odd. This game was coded in an odd way, perhaps unlike any other PS2 game from it's generation.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I think the problem with 21:9 on the PS2 version will still exist on the PC version, just like how the issues with 60fps on the PS2 version has carried over to the PC version.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2017, 13:18 

Created a new account just because of Okami, no regrets.

Quote:
Through my own testing with the PS2 version using PCSX2 I have found that 21:9 is possible but it causes issues when you are near trees. Basically, when you are close to a tree, giant branches and leaves just come from every direction and cover the entire screen. You can not see anything else. Yes it sounds odd. This game was coded in an odd way, perhaps unlike any other PS2 game from it's generation.

I see your points and agree with you, but there's a difference from the PS2 version to the PC version, that being official support for 16:9. You can choose to play between the "original vision" 4:3 or the "optimized" 16:9.

I know nothing about coding but maybe it's possible to find out what is changed between 4:3 and 16:9 and make adjustments to enable 21:9, perhaps even wider proportions. Or, of course, there is an engine limit for FOV and there's nothing we can do without breaking the game.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 00:34 

P8M3 wrote:
I don't think this is coming guys. Through my own testing with the PS2 version using PCSX2 I have found that 21:9 is possible but it causes issues when you are near trees. Basically, when you are close to a tree, giant branches and leaves just come from every direction and cover the entire screen. You can not see anything else. Yes it sounds odd. This game was coded in an odd way, perhaps unlike any other PS2 game from it's generation.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I think the problem with 21:9 on the PS2 version will still exist on the PC version, just like how the issues with 60fps on the PS2 version has carried over to the PC version.

I don't want to derail the topic, but may I ask you how did you get 21:9 with PCSX2? I use this this custom build, but it has not been updated in a while and was wondering if there were patches for 21:9 around.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 19:08 
Insiders
Insiders

P8M3 wrote:

It's possible, but I need some time to fix problems that coming after applying ultra-wide resolutions.

Attachments:
okami_1.jpg
okami_1.jpg [ 541.82 KiB | Viewed 7481 times ]
okami_2.jpg
okami_2.jpg [ 867.5 KiB | Viewed 7484 times ]

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2017, 22:10 

^ Seeing that makes me very happy. You are awesome. Also I'm noticing in your screen shots you don't have the canvas filter effect on whatsoever. How did you completely turn it off? The game only lets you set it to "light".

Never mind about disabling the filter a Special K reshade tool was posted on Steam.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 18:39 
Insiders
Insiders

Replace main.dll in the game folder depending on the desired resolution.
Use patcher to disable ghosting and grain effects.

Attachment:
Okami_21x9.7z [2.66 MiB]
Downloaded 1942 times

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 22:24 

Thank you jackfuste! It works great!

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 23:11 

It indeed does! Better than I was expecting actually. I only hoped the chat texture would extend to the screen width but I can live with how it is. :)

Thanks!