Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 06:38 

I have been all through the 88 page thread on the title and looked on the game list too. It seems that there were some fixes that used to work, but maybe after the last WIndows Fall Update they no longer work. Another user posted on the last page that his no longer worked after the Windows Fall Update. The last thing I just tried was Jackfuste's 1.0.7.1a. When I run it, the starting black screen appears with the dots flashing in the upper right corner like it is going to load but then it crashes. The windows window pops up telling me it crashed. I also tried nightbits patcher and it crashes too. I would hate to have to play the game with those stupid black bars on either side but it is looking more and more like I might have to.

I don't have the knowledge to fix on my own and I am not sure why the fixes I mention above don't work now. Maybe someone that has the game might know what works now? I am running the latest version of Windows 10 64bit. I keep up with the updates. That Fall Update screwed up another wide screen fix I had a few weeks back but I was able to get it to run after messing with it more.

I almost feel stupid for buying this monitor since so many games don't support this ratio. Big AAA titles like this too. So frustrating. Using the Asus Rogue with G sync. The picture on this is just stunning when the games are running right. Strange thing too, Metal Gear Ground Zero ran in 3440x1440 off the main menu settings all on its own and I just had to use a file from Jackfuste to fix up the menus. That game played great. You would think this one would work too, with the files I tried on here. The Phantom Pain is showing 3440x1440 in full screen on the graphics setting menu just like Ground Zero did and yet it remains in what I think is 1920x180. Not exactly sure what res I am playing it in but the black bars are there on the sides.