Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2017, 23:38 

CivilWolf wrote:
hi_voltg3 wrote:
CivilWolf wrote:
*snip*

What's the black magic being done here? I tried as many hex values as I knew but could not figure out how to edit this game for the life of me. Not sure why errors were happening for others, it worked on my end.

I think I found the reason it probably works for the both of us. Did you happen to have already applied the other fix, before using mine?

I re-installed the game and I am crashing now.

The fix seems to be:
1. Apply StalkerUKCG's fixed .exe to your game folder.
2. Download the patcher:
Attachment:
Nioh Aspect Ratio Patcher.zip

3.Apply the patch.
4. Enjoy the game!

Im using a monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1080.

Getting the the best result when i set the Nioh launcher resolution to 3840x2160 and at the resolution in the "Nioh Aspect Ratio Patcher" to 2560x1080. Using StalkerUKCG's fixed .exe.

Thank you guys, you are awesome!

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 03:17 

Holding out hope for a HUD fix as I'm hoping to play on triple wide. The HUD is essential for this fast-paced game. Can't look at the KI meter way off on the side monitor. Awesome start getting this far in less than 24 hours. Here's hoping for more (I know, greedy).

I'm ready to donate generously for HUD fix, and donate more for cutscenes/FMVs not stretched.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 03:18 

BTW, gonna need some SLI bits for triple wide I imagine. Please post if you come across any.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 12:01 

+1 ultrawide

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 18:00 

I registered with this forum because of this game and thread. Thank you for your work :) But since todays patch ( 1.21.1) the game does no longer work with aspect ratio patcher (I now get application error again). Its because they replaced StalkerUKCGs .exe with it. Does anyone know if I can still use StalkerUKCGs fixed .exe to play the game and still have all the fixes from todays patch (some of them are important to me) ? Or do I have to wait for a fix here? Ty :)

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 18:18 

SirPommes wrote:
I registered with this forum because of this game and thread. Thank you for your work :) But since todays patch ( 1.21.1) the game does no longer work with aspect ratio patcher (I now get application error again). Its because they replaced StalkerUKCGs .exe with it. Does anyone know if I can still use StalkerUKCGs fixed .exe to play the game and still have all the fixes from todays patch (some of them are important to me) ? Or do I have to wait for a fix here? Ty :)

I'm still using the fixed .exe, patch and overwrite. :onethumb:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 19:39 

SirPommes wrote:

-Nioh Aspect Ratio Trainer-
If you would like a way to edit the Aspect Ratio without having to modify the game's files, I just made a trainer that does just that.

It should work with 1.21.01

Steps:
1. Launch the Trainer.
*2. Enter your Aspect Ratio in decimal form(Your settings are saved, so you only have to do this once)
3. Launch the Game.(In Fullscreen mode)
4. Press 'F3' In-Game. (You may have to press it a twice)

-'F1' and 'F2' increment and decrement the aspect ratio by 0.01-

Download: -Not needed anymore-

Attachment:
File comment: Update 2! Freezes the value. Hopefully that does something.
Nioh_AspectRatio_Trainer.zip [3.82 MiB]
Downloaded 575 times

Jackfuste made an all around better fix here:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32376&start=70

You should use that instead.

Last edited by CivilWolf on 12 Nov 2017, 01:14, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 21:11 

Anyone have any luck getting this to work in Nvidia surround? The closest I have been is with Stalker's exe and Civ's aspect ratio working together. This results in a wider resolution (not sure if it's 21:9 or 48:9) squeezed onto the center monitor with the two side monitors deactivated. Civ's latest fix doesn't result in any detectable change from default launcher settings.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 22:15 

CivilWolf wrote:
SirPommes wrote:

-Nioh Aspect Ratio Trainer-
If you would like a way to edit the Aspect Ratio without having to modify the game's files, I just made a trainer that does just that.

It should work with 1.21.01

Steps:
1. Launch the Trainer.
*2. Enter your Aspect Ratio in decimal form(Your settings are saved, so you only have to do this once)
3. Launch the Game.(In Fullscreen mode)
4. Press 'F3' In-Game. (You may have to press it a twice)

-'F1' and 'F2' increment and decrement the aspect ratio by 0.01-

Download:

Attachment:
Nioh_AspectRatio_Trainer.zip

Does not work for me, am i doing something wrong? The only fix that works for me is StalkerUKCGs fixed .exe.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2017, 22:28 

wsgf_fan wrote:
Does not work for me, am i doing something wrong? The only fix that works for me is StalkerUKCGs fixed .exe.

I tested it with an unmodified .exe and it seemed to work.
(Deleted the "nioh.exe" then re-validated and acquired a new "nioh.exe" through Steam.)

Are you testing it with StalkerUKCG's .exe or the original .exe?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next