Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 18:52 
Insiders
Insiders

jschwabe wrote:
Any idea what's causing this resolution issue on the triple monitors?

Set "Rendering Resolution" to "High" in the game launcher. This necessary with Lennard1989 patch.
Otherwise, with "Low" setting internal resolution will be 1280x720 and with "Medium" setting internal resolution will be 1664x936.
Attachment:
nioh_res.jpg
nioh_res.jpg [ 111.25 KiB | Viewed 5978 times ]

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2017, 01:05 

Thanks! It works now. Unfortunately, I can't quite hit 60fps with it. I have the same problem with Witcher 3. Just around 52fps which ends up being super stuttery. So it looks like I'm back to 21:9.
I'll get back to it once I get a new processor. Or at least get some water cooling so I can overclock my current one properly.
Attachment:
20171229155940_1.jpg
20171229155940_1.jpg [ 1.67 MiB | Viewed 5998 times ]

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2018, 16:39 
Insiders
Insiders

esteady1 wrote:
I see what you mean about the subtitles being a hard fix. I can't tell where those files are stored, but clearly not readily accessible. Must be due to the fact that the subtitles can be turned off. Problem is, half the dialogue is in japanese!

I fixed the subtitles squeezing.
Patch for LennardF1989 fix:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 02#p171402

Last edited by jackfuste on 03 Jan 2018, 14:57, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2018, 20:37 

Jack, you are relentless. Thank you for your continued support of this awesome game, (and so many others).

While the progress is evident, unfortunately, I must report that this fix does not work for me. (Triple monitor)

I've tried FMV fix with Lennards files and your stand alone fixes, and utilized a number of different resolution combinations with both approaches. The result unfortunately is the same each time:

All seems good at the start. If you start a new game, the intro movie plays in centered 16:9, with subtitles as designed. Looks totally awesome.

But as the movie plays and the sentences get longer, formatting errors become evident, with line breaks in the middle of words, as though the font size is not exactly matched to the window the subtitles are confined to. (At different resolutions, the abberrant line breaks occur in different locations in the sentence).

Then half way through the movie, there are subtitles that take up three lines. The top row has the top half of the letters cut off, whie the bottom row has the bottom half of the letters cut off, clearly demonstrating the text not fitting into a predefined box. FMVs rendered in the game engine work as expected from the prior fix.

The game itself can be played normally in the early going thereafter.

But the bulk of the game is unplayable with this present version, as any time the central map loads, the game crashes. Every combination I tried results in this same outcome. I thought maybe it was just the DLC central map, as they are different regions, but indeed, every attempt to access any world map results in immediate CTD with the map having never displayed.

Sorry to report this. I hope you keep working on this awesome game. That being said, the prior fix is well playable and is at present, the best solution for triple monitor.

P.S. My donation will follow as soon as Steam allows it. Still waiting.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2018, 02:40 

Donated. Please enjoy a brand AAA title or multiple indies in exchange for your efforts. Thanks for your support of our niche community.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2018, 14:56 
Insiders
Insiders

esteady1 wrote:
Jack, you are relentless. Thank you for your continued support of this awesome game, (and so many others).

While the progress is evident, unfortunately, I must report that this fix does not work for me. (Triple monitor)

I've tried FMV fix with Lennards files and your stand alone fixes, and utilized a number of different resolution combinations with both approaches. The result unfortunately is the same each time:

All seems good at the start. If you start a new game, the intro movie plays in centered 16:9, with subtitles as designed. Looks totally awesome.

But as the movie plays and the sentences get longer, formatting errors become evident, with line breaks in the middle of words, as though the font size is not exactly matched to the window the subtitles are confined to. (At different resolutions, the abberrant line breaks occur in different locations in the sentence).

Then half way through the movie, there are subtitles that take up three lines. The top row has the top half of the letters cut off, whie the bottom row has the bottom half of the letters cut off, clearly demonstrating the text not fitting into a predefined box. FMVs rendered in the game engine work as expected from the prior fix.

The game itself can be played normally in the early going thereafter.

But the bulk of the game is unplayable with this present version, as any time the central map loads, the game crashes. Every combination I tried results in this same outcome. I thought maybe it was just the DLC central map, as they are different regions, but indeed, every attempt to access any world map results in immediate CTD with the map having never displayed.

Sorry to report this. I hope you keep working on this awesome game. That being said, the prior fix is well playable and is at present, the best solution for triple monitor.

I added additional fixes for subtitles, so they fully visible now, but small phrases of subtitles aligned to left side instead of center. Doesn't know how to fix align.
I can't reproduce crash, but I changed some things, so I hope the game won't crash anymore.

Attachment:
Nioh_v1_21_04_Centred_FMV_v4.part001.rar [5 MiB]
Downloaded 1953 times

Attachment:
Nioh_v1_21_04_Centred_FMV_v4.part002.rar [5 MiB]
Downloaded 2309 times

Attachment:
Nioh_v1_21_04_Centred_FMV_v4.part003.rar [4.9 MiB]
Downloaded 1849 times

Patch for LennardF1989 fix:

Attachment:
FMV_FIX_v3.7z [13.89 KiB]
Downloaded 1037 times

esteady1 wrote:
Donated. Please enjoy a brand AAA title or multiple indies in exchange for your efforts. Thanks for your support of our niche community.

I got it, thanks!

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 06:07 

Yup, this one works exactly as described. This is the best version of this game, 60 fps, triple wide.

Thanks Jackfuste. Another game greatly improved by your skills.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 22:11 

Hey everyone, I just spend some time giving the patcher a little update. I've just released v1.2.0 which also incorporates the changes from @Jackfuste's patcher for my patcher :P

The FMV fix is rather hacky, so there is a 100% chance it will break when a new update is released. I however anticipated for that and made it optional. Even if you do attempt to apply it, and it turns out it fails, the patcher will rollback the changes as-if nothing ever happened. So it's completely safe to at least give it a try!

I've also updated the instructions to mention that you need to set the Render Resolution to High, as mentioned before, as well as some additional changes to how backups are handled. It will now only make a backup of a Nioh.exe that can actually get succesfully patched, and not broken ones. To finish it off, the patcher will now also offer to use the backup before it attempts a new patch. This eliminates the need to constantly swap backup files if you are just messing with the settings.

https://github.com/LennardF1989/NiohRes ... tag/v1.2.0

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 07:02 

Hey just made an account to say thanks, I've been wanting to play this game for a long time now but couldn't stand the black bars. You guys rock!

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2018, 20:36 

Hey everyone, i have a monitor 3440x1440 21:9 i have donwloaded the jackfuste patch (part1,2,3) and it's ok..But when i go to the setting launcher of the game which resolution should i put? 3840 x 2160 or 2560 x 1440?
Thankyou so much

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next