Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Killer Instinct
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 15:32 

Thanks for the update Jack!
Unfortunately using the modded 5760x1080-exe for my triple-monitor setup always gets me an error.
When I start the game via your modded .exe everything seems to launch just fine but when I get to the screen where you need to press the menu/space button I get an error message saying

"Not Signed In! You are not signed into a Steam profile. You will be unable to proceed and the game will exit."

Confirming this message (no other options available) gets me back to desktop.

Any idea?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 16:51 
Insiders
Insiders

lohan wrote:
Thanks for the update Jack!
Unfortunately using the modded 5760x1080-exe for my triple-monitor setup always gets me an error.
When I start the game via your modded .exe everything seems to launch just fine but when I get to the screen where you need to press the menu/space button I get an error message saying

"Not Signed In! You are not signed into a Steam profile. You will be unable to proceed and the game will exit."

Confirming this message (no other options available) gets me back to desktop.

Any idea?

Try this one:
Attachment:
5760x1080_test.part01.rar [5 MiB]
Downloaded 252 times

Attachment:
5760x1080_test.part02.rar [5 MiB]
Downloaded 275 times

Attachment:
5760x1080_test.part03.rar [2.23 MiB]
Downloaded 259 times

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 17:52 

Thanks alot for the quick help Jack!
Unfortunately nothing changed when using the "new" exe. I am still getting the "Not Signed In"-error.
Don't know if this has something to do with the problem but everytime I launch the modded .exe (yesterday's .exe & new "test"-exe) I am getting a "Windows Defender Smart Screen"-blocking message which I have to ignore (Run anyway)

Am I really the only one having this issue...?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 19:01 
Insiders
Insiders

lohan wrote:
Thanks alot for the quick help Jack!
Unfortunately nothing changed when using the "new" exe. I am still getting the "Not Signed In"-error.
Don't know if this has something to do with the problem but everytime I launch the modded .exe (yesterday's .exe & new "test"-exe) I am getting a "Windows Defender Smart Screen"-blocking message which I have to ignore (Run anyway)

Am I really the only one having this issue...?

Try to launch game from Steam client and not directly from KillerInstinctX64_r.exe.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018, 05:30 
I Donated
I Donated

Awesome! 5760x1200 works near perfect. You are once again a life saver. Three things though I should let you know about:

1) The Players get squashed when in the "versus" screen.
2) The lock down/combo-break counter is of to the right display during gameplay.
3) The game doesn't seem to accept the new executable for online play, can't ever seem to connect to an exhibition match when using the fix.

I don't suppose you can do anything about number 3, which kinda sucks, but at least you got that far and that's more than enough for me!

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018, 11:49 

@Jack
@Amon

When launching the game using the Steam client it doesn't give me the "not signed in"-error but instead I get this "squashed"-effect. In my case I cannot choose any resolution above 1920x1080 in options which means that the game is only displayed on my left side monitor and only occupies the center third of this monitor.
Still it seems somehow related to the issue that you describe with the squashed versus screen Amon. Since you are able to display the game in 5760x1080 you are also down to just one third of the actual active resolution being displayed when the squased versus screen appears.

I could totally live with all the issues mentioned by Amon since I never use Online Play and the misplaced lock down/combo break counter doesn't bother me but I need to be able to set the right resolution.......

Attachments:
KI_squashed.jpg
KI_squashed.jpg [ 3.74 MiB | Viewed 3089 times ]

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 13:58 

Gave it another try today (although I didn't change anything) and now it miraculously works! When I make changes to the resolution it still goes back to this weird resolution that is shown in my picture above (looks like 640x1080). Also when it works options are still saying "1920x1080" under the resolution section. Anyway multi-monitor is working now! Only problem left is that now 3D (Nvidia 3D Vision) doesn't kick in anymore which it does when playing on just one screen in 1920x1080. But that's another story.......

Thanks alot Jack for all the help and the great work!

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2018, 14:44 

Hi I know this is an old thread but if anyone sees this I downloaded the .rars and extracted them and it worked but the only problem is I'm not seeing an option for my native resolution of 3440x1440 only 2560x1440 is there any way to remedy this? Thanks!