Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2017, 23:51 

Quote:
i guess as long as denuvo is in the game, we can't use the original exe anyway

You cant use the original exe cause denuvo will notice the exe mod anyway. Use the crack from a know release and the values should be there.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2017, 00:04 

Oh,Id rather not use a crack, i guess i can live with black bars on the top and bottom of the screen

Thanks anyway

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2017, 19:19 

Hi,Thanks for the fix.Can someone tell me how to disable the reflections? I have this pink purple glossy textures bug: https://imgur.com/a/Nc9p2

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 08:30 

I have another possible fix for people to try: (requires Cheat Engine) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz1PT ... 1VkMmUtbVE No EXE mod required

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2017, 17:23 

Is it possible to make this work with the Codex crack?
I tried some of the edits mentioned earlier but i cant get it to start.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2017, 02:40 

Sweet. Used jack's fix and only used the .exe. I'm running native 2560x1080; and it worked perfect!

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 18:43 

hello jack , Can you Update LIS BTS Ep.2 ? Thanks :)

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 23:32 

susahamat wrote:
hello jack , Can you Update LIS BTS Ep.2 ? Thanks :)

They apparently removed DRM since it's release so it should be okay to use, problem I'm having is the save I've been using it on is the non-affected 16:9 version, I've finished Episode 2 in 16:9 but would love to replay it in 21:9, but replacing everything just resets my saves where I'd need to replay everything. anybody know how to stop this?

EDIT: Fixed my issue for anyone having this problem, I've had a history with this and if you simply replace the .EXE and not the other files you keep the Steam version online, you simply have to rename the edited or modded version to the same name as the original folder's name and rename the original folders name to something different

so you have two copies of Before The Storm

"Life Is Strange Before The Storm"
And
"Life Is Strange Before The Storm Original"

So steam keeps online and launches the modded version because Steam can't launch games with different names

Last edited by TeaForce on 20 Oct 2017, 01:17, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 00:10 

By the way guys tried the same fix (The Part 1 and 2 files) and it still works perfectly with episode 2!

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 17:11 

Simiche wrote:
By the way guys tried the same fix (The Part 1 and 2 files) and it still works perfectly with episode 2!

It's not working for me. I get a black screen with a stuck cursor when I try to load it.
For Episode 1 I used the fix without the Denuvo crack, since my copy was purchased on Steam rather than pirated. When I loaded the Denuvo-cracked fix my saves disappeared.

They have now stripped out the DRM with this update, so it would be really good if someone could release an updated fix.
I tried the CheatEngine fix that someone posted above but it makes the image anamorphic rather than removing the black bars and filling the screen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next