Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2017, 12:29 

Hey guys. I know there is solution for widescreen in WSGF, but the weapon FOV is still annoying. However I found on the Steam forum topic about the Jedi Outcast how to fix the Weapon FOV in this game. This solution also works in Star Trek Elite Force Voyager, but not perfect.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =833837287

According to this topic I copied to the '' efconfig '' file which is in the game directories these three commands:

helpusobi 1
cg_gunx 3
cg_guny -1

The result was positive. It is possible to change the position weapon on the screen. However there is still problem. If you start new game, the weapon position will be always reset.
But if you start new game and after first cutscene with Munro, save the game, leave the game and again edit ''efconfig '' and finally load the save game, the weapon position will not reset, even if you start new level.

There is also problem with expansion pack ''Virtual Voyager''. I noticed that the game sometimes reset weapon position and sometimes doesn't do it. For example when I started Virtual Voyager the game reset weapon position, but yesterday when I load my save game, the weapon position wasn't reset. I don't know why this happened.

I also took a screenshot with weapon position fix and without.

I hope someone can fix this problem. Then we would have '' perfect '' widescreen in Star Trek Elite Force Voyager at least in Single Player and Virtual Voyager.

Oh and sorry for my English.

Attachments:
StarTrekEliteForce.jpg
StarTrekEliteForce.jpg [ 367.25 KiB | Viewed 2511 times ]

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2017, 13:39 
Insiders
Insiders

vekio wrote:
I hope someone can fix this problem. Then we would have '' perfect '' widescreen in Star Trek Elite Force Voyager at least in Single Player and Virtual Voyager.

Check Detailed Report

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2017, 17:52 

Thank you again.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 23:07 

Thanks both of you. It seems jackfuste has a proven method to fix the FOV issues in Quake 3 engine games. We should revisit each game to check if already posted old methods work for cut-scenes and the rest, and report back.