Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hollow Knight 21:9?
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017, 18:48 

I just bought Hollow Knight after having it recommended left and right, but it seems there's not much support for anything beyond 16:9.

I tried a couple of HEX edits, but they just seemed to crash the launcher and Steam kept giving me errors no matter what I tried. I can't seem to find any config files where I can tinker with the resolution either, so it seems I've run into a wall.

I'm guessing since it's a 2D scroller that it's going to be near, if not, impossible to fix this without support from the devs. Might be looking at a refund if nobody else can figure out something.

Post subject: Re: Hollow Knight 21:9?
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 10:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Check Detailed Report

Attachments:
hk_21_9.jpg
hk_21_9.jpg [ 458.93 KiB | Viewed 6197 times ]

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 13:02 

Bless you, Jackfuste!

How did you fix it?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 00:45 

Hello,

I was using the Hex hack available in the DR until the most recent content expansion, "Hidden Dreams". After the patch, I logged into the game and noticed I was back to the biggest resolution natively possible. I got used to playing in 3440 and would love to have it back. I've tried the same hack via hex editor as is show in the DR again, but this time it just cuts off the game viewing window and puts giant black bars around everything. I've tried to decipher some more of the hex with some of the guides on here, but I just keep making things worse....

I honestly haven't even beat the game yet or reached the places where the new content is, so I in the meantime I may just go back to the patch previous with some patching info I found on a wiki until someone figures out a fix. That being said, I want to thank you all for the fixes provided here, and I look forward to someone figuring this bugger out.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2017, 06:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Did you try the second Method:

HEX edit Aspect Ratio: Go to --> ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Hollow Knight\hollow_knight_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll
Look for 39 8E E3 3F and change EVERY Instance to 60 E5 18 40.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2017, 18:59 

Yes, that was the method I was describing which didn't work. I downloaded the provided .exe file instead and that worked without issue. Hex edit not working for me still(just tried again to be sure).