Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Civilization VI
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2016, 12:04 

I woke up early to play for a couple hours before work. It seems to me that the camera FOV is pretty jacked up in 21:9. I forgot to take a screenshot before I left but the trapezoid on the min-map is much wider at the top and narrower on the bottom than the screenshots I'm seeing of 16:9. I poked at the cfg files I could find but didn't see anything obviously related to the FOV.

Posting this here since it doesn't look like anyone is talking about this yet. If the thread doesn't get any action today, then I'll update it with some screenshots when I get home.

The game is playable in 21:9 and the UI is totally fine. It's just the camera angle that is bad, everything is tilted off into the background far too dramatically, I want to have more of a top-down view than I'm allowed. Hopefully it's a simple fix or something they address in a patch. Or maybe I'm just missing something.

Post subject: Re: Civilization VI
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2016, 20:33 

I think the answer is somewhere in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\ArtDefs\Camera.artdef