Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mafia III
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 12:19 

Just started into Mafia III today and the game play itself is working OK on triple screen in 7680X1440 but all the cut scenes are zoomed in meaning they cannot be seen correctly. Also "mini games" such as lock picking cannot be seen. HuD also spreads the mini map and health data on side screens rather than central screen. Anyone lese have these issues or a fix?

Post subject: Re: Mafia III
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 23:13 
Editors
Editors

for a game thats locked in 30 fps thats an unexpected low report of broken stuff.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 06:26 

Having the same issue and looking for a fix. No luck so far.

The cinematics are not compatible, the menus don't work either. Just got to the first lockpicking minigame, the hud element needed for lockpicking is off screen. Basically, the game is nearly unplayable on 3 monitor eyfinity widescreen 5280 x 1050. Works great in single screen though!

Would love to find a fix.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2016, 12:06 

Same issues here, also not seeing the cutscenes, the screen goes black I can hear it all going on but no graphics. Eventually have to press escape and skip the scene.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2016, 22:46 

Also purchased this game to only be disappointed by the lack of triple screen support. There are however some workarounds that may help resolve some of the issues.

Rear view mirror: Definitely doesn't scale properly. Go to https://mafiamods.com and download a mod to remove the rear view mirror. Problem solved.
In Game Map: Go to In-Game options and and adjust the screen border under display settings. Your able to move it closer to the center monitor. Not the best but a start.
Main Menu: Definitely issues but workable after starting an initial game.

Other remaining issues:
-Zoomed in cut-scenes (not sure what to do here)
-Other zoomed in issues like the lockpick issue as others have mentioned.

It sounds like the developers are at least aware of the scaling issues at higher resolutions so hopefully we will get a workable patch soon. In the meantime, it may be best to play single monitor unfortunately :(

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 01:10 

Yeah also got the mirror issues. Anybody else not seeing things properly rendered in the mirror? Sometimes you can see stuff other times the models are black and headlights never appear.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2016, 08:30 

I am playing Mafia II before purchasing Mafia III and Mafia II works perfectly with multi monitor. It has gold MM support here. I really don't understand how 6 years later (Mafia II was released in 2010), they manage to make it so much worse.

I really think they rushed Mafia III, the PC version at least. I hope the developers are working on fixing this with a patch.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2016, 00:20 

Hey Guys,

Wanted to give everyone the good news! It looks like Mafia 3 now has proper triple wide support! I just downloaded the new 5.8gb patch and the following issues have been resolved:

-Cutscenes are not stretched (scaled correctly on the center monitor)
-Main Menu and start screens are now visible
-Rear view mirror is scaled correctly
-UI elements are now on the center monitor

I haven't tested everything thoroughly but for the most part it looks like they solved many of the issues. If you notice anything please report it in the steam discussion forum. There is a bug report thread that was recently pinned that the developers are playing close attention too.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 17:30 
Editors
Editors

Hey thanks for the heads-up, fellow triplewider ! That's exactly what I needed to give M3 a chance.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2016, 23:01 

scavvenjahh wrote:
Hey thanks for the heads-up, fellow triplewider ! That's exactly what I needed to give M3 a chance.

Same here, that's good news! I will give it a go now! The launch of Mafia III was not ideal but I must say that they are working hard and quick on improving it. I personally would have delayed the PC release for a few months.