Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2015, 00:11 

I just got the game and the first time that I loaded it, the main screen was 1920x1080, but the Map Editor and City Playing screen were at my desktop res. (5760x1080) But then I too tried changing the settings and clicked the Apply button at the top. And it got screwed up.

So, I just deleted the USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines/gameSettings.cgs file, and it created a new one the next time I launched the game. It is back at full triple screen width again. And I can change other game settings just fine. Just DON'T click that Apply button to change the screen res and it seems to work ok.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 16:08 

:( I'm really struggling with this.

I've tried both hex edit and delete methods but no luck.

I have 3x2560x1440 monitors on Windows 10 and 2x Nvidia cards in SLI. I've tried both 7680 (swapping 00 0A with 00 1E) and one with bezel correction 7820 (swapping 00 0A with 8C 1E) and every time I then launch the game it deletes the gamesettings.cfg file and the main menu looks like this:

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 262.34 KiB | Viewed 1748 times ]

any ideas?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2017, 22:57 

Skid wrote:
It has multi-monitor support it just doesn't list the resolution.

http://www.skid-inc.net/stuff/wsgf/cities_surround.jpg

One person said they got it to work by setting the game to windows mode, then pressing Alt + Enter to switch to fullscreen and that selected there resolution for them (note the menu is aspect ratio locked to 16:9, ingame is not.) If that doesn't work you'll have to hex edit the configuration file.

1) Load the game, select your single monitor resolution as your resolution option.
2) Download some sort of hex editor, I use XVI32.
3) Go to %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Local/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines
4) Open gameSettings.cgs in your hex editor.
5) Open Windows Calculator, and change it to programmer mode.
6) In Calculator, make sure Dec is selected, enter your single monitor resolution width (mine is 1680) and then click Hex.
7) In my case it'll give me a value of (6 90), add the leading 0 if the value is only 3 digits long, so (6 90) becomes (06 90). Without going into the how numbers are stored in binary, you need to swap the first pair and last pair of numbers, so I end up with (90 06).
8) Do the same with your multi-monitor resolution so mine is 5040, which is (13 B0) in hex, so swapped becomes (B0 13).
9) Lastly, in my hex editor, I go to search, then replace, tell it to search for and replace Hex strings, I tell it to find my single monitor resolution, and replace it with my multi-monitor resolution.
10) Save the file and load the game, not the menu menu is aspect ratio locked to 16:9, the game itself is not.

I tried everything up until finding and replacing since it doesn't seem to find the string, my resolution is 1920x1080 and I got 780 so I take it it should be 80 07, but it's always the same result, string not found. do you have any workarounds or maybe another method to fix it?

Also the Alt+Enter twice doesn't work for me either.

And yes I'm sure that I'm in AppData and not in the installation folder.