Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2015, 14:25 

Can someone re-up the files?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2015, 12:47 

Hi there,
I have the same issue ( for Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry) and the fix archive is corrupted. Can somebody help me with a good link to download the fix!?
Thanx in advance!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 19:02 

Hi jackfuste,

I appreciate your excellent work on the Assassin's Creed Rogue FOV. I have tried several downloads but so far cannot use without horizontal black bars - I'm sure this is pilot error on my part.

I am using an Nvidia Gforce card and my resolution is 3840X2160 on my 16:9 60Hz monitor. If you or someone else would confirm that I can use your wide screen .exe on my system I would appreciate information on how to accomplish this.

Thanks, raf

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 21:47 

Anyone who has successfully achieved this, please advise how. Thanks.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2016, 05:00 

Well, this wouldn't technically be a widescreen fix, but you guys know how to make games work with awkward aspect ratios.

I have a Surface Book, and it has an aspect ratio of 3:2. The only game I've been able to get working on it so far is Morrowind, and I had to use a well-known tool that I'd used before to get 16:9 resolutions working.

Specifically, I want to play this game at 1200x800 on here. The native resolution of 3000x2000 would be unplayable in terms of performance, and the fact that I would barely be able to see the screen anyway. But I really want to use the native 3:2 aspect ratio because letterboxing cuts off too much of my already tiny 13" display.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2016, 08:13 

Well, if anyone else has the same problem I did, I figured out a really clumsy way of fixing this... that really clever guy named Jack who was posting a lot of fixes earlier did most of the work for me, really.

I basically just downloaded his 4:3 and 5:4 fixes, and used fc /b on the commandline to run a binary comparison between two v1 fixes. I found that the difference between them was essentially nine bytes, so I started setting them to random values to see what happened. I'm still not exactly sure what most of them do... but I found the one that did what I wanted.

Essentially, I took his 5:4 fix, and changed the byte at 02353A9A from A0 to C0. I found it totally on accident after changing A0 to B0, and noticing the pillarbox bars got significantly narrower. So I just went one more step with C0, and the bars were gone... the display seemed to fill my 3:2 screen perfectly. Since this is essentially a hack of a hack done by someone stumbling around in a hex editor, it might not as solid as the original fixes or have the correct FOV type stuff... but it should work if you're desperate to get rid of the letterboxing and pillarboxing on a Surface Pro, Surface Book, or other weird 3:2 display that nothing supports.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2016, 21:37 

Since I've always got great help here, i wan't to give the community something back :)
Some dude uploaded the working files, here's the link:
I use them, they work just fine besides the thing that you can't connect to ubi servers with it...
Tested on viruses with Bitdefender - clean.

PostPosted: 27 May 2016, 21:53 
The link is broken unfortunately. I still can only play Rogue and Black Flag on the center screen. It bugs me a lot because it used to run fine on three monitors until I downloaded AMD Crimson, which was necessary because I couldn't create an eyefinity group anymore with Catalyst. Anyone else still having the same problem? It is surprising how little information I can find about this. Has Ubisoft released any information about this?

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2016, 12:59 

Hi,

Does anyone have the 21:9 fix for this game along with the fix for the standalone Freedom Cry?

Much appreciated if anyone can help by uploading them.

Cheers

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2016, 14:47 
Editors
Editors

Fixes for Freedom Cry and Rogue can now be downloaded from the AC4: BF Detailed Report.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next