Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2015, 01:33 

Hi guys!

Basically I installed The Evil Within and used the Flawless Widescreen tool, and it worked amazingly. Then I turned my PC off, now it doesn't work any more.
I have tried reinstalling the game twice, reinstalling FW to an older version with an older version of the plug in. Also, I reinstalled my NVIDA drivers.

My error is "Could not find LetterBoxFix2 injection point..."

Can I please get some help?

-James

Attachments:
error.png
error.png [ 714.08 KiB | Viewed 2358 times ]

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2015, 02:04 

The game was updated and the plugin is broken right now. It will be fixed as soon as Hayden (Flawless widescreen's author) can get to it. Long ago things seemed to move faster, but the vibe I feel, or at least what my gut feels is that all three of the gentlemen who create these fixes. Hayden, Dopefish, and Helifax, have drifted out of the realm of thrilled to be doing these with the same passion as before (I use passion loosely and in absence of a better word as I'm sure they are all passionate about everything they create). I am saying this because over the years it seems like it has gradually ended up being more like a chore then a hobby. With a large and constant stream of people requesting more and more things, getting older and having to balance work and families, 10 years later still needing to even do this in the first place since developers have and are still neglecting support. Doing it for free, which is noble but becomes less and less attractive as time passes and so many people don't even throw a couple quid their way. In short more like a bad paying job you don't want to go to, and certainly don't need.

Now that being said I am not saying you are part of the reason. So don't get turned off from being here or asking these questions. I have been simply wanting to jot this down for a while and chose now. Also I work in applied mathematics not psychiatry so I could be completely wrong (Although my gut tells me I'm not).

Now in closing to be a little more specific. It will get fixed just maybe not for a brief while. There are a few games that need updating now and I can't even feign knowing their schedules or personal duties. I can tell you it will be fixed though. Have a great rest of the week, and Welcome. :)