Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2015, 16:57 

Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I can't afford to disable my 3 way SLI. I need all the power I can get with this game. If I was to run it in surround @8100x1600 with only 1 GPU being used it wouldn't be worth it anyway. I have 3x 780ti and when 3-way SLI and surround were both working (a month or so back I was using Flawless widescreen at it worked, but since recent updates it no longer works) I have to turn down settings just to make the game playable. So 1 GPU is not really an option for me. Thanks though

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 17:47 
Insiders
Insiders

jeff420 wrote:
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I can't afford to disable my 3 way SLI. I need all the power I can get with this game. If I was to run it in surround @8100x1600 with only 1 GPU being used it wouldn't be worth it anyway. I have 3x 780ti and when 3-way SLI and surround were both working (a month or so back I was using Flawless widescreen at it worked, but since recent updates it no longer works) I have to turn down settings just to make the game playable. So 1 GPU is not really an option for me. Thanks though

Interesting.. I posted the solution and apparently you can't be bothered to even read it... go then and disable your SLI or do whatever you want to do... :doh:

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 22:20 
I Donated
I Donated

helifax wrote:
jeff420 wrote:

Interesting.. I posted the solution and apparently you can't be bothered to even read it... go then and disable your SLI or do whatever you want to do... :doh:

Thanks for your efforts Halifax. Tried your answer but alas to no avail.

The game simply stops and minimizes or crashes each time. The only way I can run the app is either 3D vision on a single monitor or Surround with no 3D vision on say the latest release of the NVidia driver. The game simply can not calculate the surround resolution (5760 x 1080) in FULLSCREEN mode - BORDERLESS, WINDOW not an issue but no 3D. So I'll need to pick one. I do run a GTX 690 (3D Vision + Surround) + GTX 590 (Auxilary + PhysX) so my config is somewhat unconventional (both cards run their respective internal SLI).

Again thank you.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 15:39 
Insiders
Insiders

AVictorD wrote:
helifax wrote:
jeff420 wrote:

Thanks for your efforts Halifax. Tried your answer but alas to no avail.

The game simply stops and minimizes or crashes each time. The only way I can run the app is either 3D vision on a single monitor or Surround with no 3D vision on say the latest release of the NVidia driver. The game simply can not calculate the surround resolution (5760 x 1080) in FULLSCREEN mode - BORDERLESS, WINDOW not an issue but no 3D. So I'll need to pick one. I do run a GTX 690 (3D Vision + Surround) + GTX 590 (Auxilary + PhysX) so my config is somewhat unconventional (both cards run their respective internal SLI).

Again thank you.

Wow.. Interesting and weird config there;)) I didn't know if you read that thread since I had the impression you skipped my comment entirely :) I am sorry that it doesn't work for you.. Have you tried just to disable the 590 ? (Device manager -> disable) and see if that helps ?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2015, 00:53 
I Donated
I Donated

Your post I certainly followed to the letter Halifax. It might have been the other fellow in this post.... What you mentioned in terms of disabling the 590 I planned to do as a matter of course when I can get around to gaming again. I'll post back.

SIDE COMMENT: The combination of the 690 + 590 works brilliantly 99.9% of the apps/games. I only introduced the 590 from an older now defunct PC when Nvidia screwed up having 4 monitors on a single card (690) where 3D Vision+Surround and an Aux screen could no longer co-exist. The last known working driver was 327.23 (raised the matter with them).

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2015, 03:22 

imusrt wrote:
Glad it works bkc6j. It is a more complex manual spread than many games, but you are nearly there. It may be that just your ScreenX & ScreenY numbers are missing.

Instructions have been updated to clarify.

I forgot to come back and update this, but I got everything to basically work using the following settings, which might be a bit different that what we were thinking before?

"ScreenHeight" "1576.000000"
"ScreenWidth" "7670.000000"
"ScreenX" "-5.000000"
"ScreenY" "-27.000000"
"VSyncOnFlip" "0.000000"
"Windowed" "1.000000"
"WindowHeight" "1600.000000"
"WindowWidth" "7680.000000"

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 22:03 

Everything was working fine until I unlocked the War chiefs. Now I can't see the 1st 2 rows of Sauron's army. If I alt-enter to windowed mode and turn off flawless I can use the screen, but this is a less than perfect workaround

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2015, 00:38 
Insiders
Insiders

@bkc6j, your numbers look about right, followed instructions correctly. ScreenH&W lower than WindowH&W, & ScreenX&Y negative offset. If your numbers are right, should give borderless full spread (assuming FWS is working). I hope FPS is playable, your LLL resolution is very high. If game chugs in windowed, you could spread it to a smaller width, see if you like it (i.e. image shaped like PLP).

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2015, 15:52 

Looks like there's a new shadow of mordor steam update that broke flawless.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Patch notes mention doing a better job detecting native resolution but I've tried everything and can't get it to work with nvidia surround (5760x1080)

Current workaround is to restore the previous application .EXE file.

kiax0001

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2015, 20:35 
Editors
Editors

Nope, the March 23 update didn't break anything on my end. Flawless still working great @6060x1200.
Do you get an error message on the FWS status window ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next