Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2014, 19:30 

Thanks gumbo! I guess that's a RTFM moment.

And yes, the latest patch to SOM broke the flawless plugin, so I am a sad ranger... I really missed the ultra wide view - I'm hooked!

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014, 22:33 

This last build for SOM also states it enabled SLI support, so can anybody confirm whether that fix is no longer manually required?

HaYDeN, if you would be so kind as to re-fix the plugin? Thanks!

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2014, 12:51 

Hey, I can't get my UI to work, probably because of the latest patch.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2014, 01:38 

The Steam overlay doesn't work with the fix enabled, is it meant to be like this or is it just me?

EDIT: Turns out it was just a conflict with fraps.

Last edited by TheRealDeal on 06 Dec 2014, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2014, 23:09 

I'm having the same Sauron's Army crap, Nvidia surround setup. It's gamebreaking enough for me to disable the fix, and that's a damn shame because it also means to play the game I have to disable surround so the game will render at 1920x1080. Which is super annoying because I have my desktop and windows all set up for a permanent Surround setup.
TL;DR it's annoying.

I would donate HAPPILY if this Sauron's Army crap could get fixed somehow. I have no idea what coding goes into this so I don't even know if it's possible, but I'd love you forever. And donate. Did I mention donate?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2014, 01:48 

iamthetot, you should consider donating now. Literally, this whole website and the support from it keeps multi-monitor gaming alive. As for the issue with Sauron's Army. What problems are you having? I can't find anything over here. I had a config edit and applied this fix and triple 1080p is working flawless over here. No pun intended. :D

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2014, 22:20 

Played for the first day (first couple of hours was frustrating, prepare to die a lot!, but it gets much better) without the Flawless fix, and it was pretty good expect for BSOD's every hour or two, and it only used the middle screen and a few inches of the left and right screen.

Then applied Flawless and WOW! it really does look great and run great fully triple wide. Also no more BSOD's! I did turn detail from Ultra to High to get better framerate, so looking at either another 780 for SLI, or a 980 so I go Ultra.

I also have the Sauron's army zoomed into too close so you cannot see the front rows, but I can figure it out my moving the gamepad around and once you select a captain, you can zoom on him, so not a dealbreaker for me.

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2014, 02:15 
I Donated
I Donated

Any chance the Sauron's Army screen will get fixed so the first row can be seen?

Anyone have a workaround?

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 23:16 
Insiders
Insiders

I just donated a hundred bucks :) and I'm also waiting for the Sauron's Army screen to get fixed.

As a workaround I've found that you can still mouse to them or use the arrow keys to switch between the 2 first rows of guys you can't see. That's what I do cause I don't care what they look like, I just want to get intel on the ones I don't have to see their strengths and weaknesses which you can still do. You just can't see them. Its sucks but its workable.

I guess Hayden has been busy.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 03:29 

Just saying; HaYDeN, thanks for the fix for SOM, it has made the game worth playing.

Found that since the last update to v1808.18 the need for the HUD Fix and the Menu FOV Fix are no longer needed in my circumstance (Unless disabling in FW does not actually disable them); and it may not be needed for others. Removal of the Letterbox is still necessary and the Game FOV fix is still necessary. I currently play at an FOV fine adjustment of 12.25, though I'm unable to change it in game. Researching this issue online points the issue to having a pirated copy, but paying for the game on Steam should not equate to a pirated copy... Unless I'm missing something with digital distributions...

I am running a full AMD system with 32 GB of memory and dual R9 290Xs, and I have found that the game is unstable with this much memory, with and without the hacks running, but a little less stable with the hack running. A workaround is to remove two sticks and bring it down to 16 GB, which will cause the game to crash a little less, though I'd prefer not to have to shut down my system and prep it to play the game. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue, or may it's just me smoking bad herbs again.

Recently switched over to manual display configuration instead of using detect, as I found that when I have the debug console open there was continually flooding due to video detection, which was coming up at random times.

This is currently what the debug console reads out to me while I'm playing SOM
Code:
UpdateManager -> Hashing Dependencys...
PluginManager -> Instancing Module: Middle Earth: SOM
error running function: ...ShadowOfMordor\Dependencies\Scripts\MEShadowOfMordor.
lua:195: attempt to index local 'MenuFOV' (a nil value)
DisplayDetection -> Scanning process for signs of SoftTH injection
c_HackTool -> Successfully opened process, ID=5648
Suspending Thread
GameFOV - Addr=ShadowOfMordor.exe+54D5AA
LetterboxFix - Addr=ShadowOfMordor.exe+D64409
HUDFix - Addr=ShadowOfMordor.exe+E806DC
MenuFOV - Addr=ShadowOfMordor.exe+5DE475
MenuFOV - Addr=ShadowOfMordor.exe+14088C4 (float=1.78)
Un-Suspending Thread
Inject delay: 5ms, Configure() took: 340ms, Adjusted Inject delay: -335ms
Actual delay: 1ms
Suspending Thread
c_HackTool -> JMP candidate for GameFOV_cc, NOPS=1, Address=0x7ff7cfd0d5aa
c_HackTool -> JMP candidate for HUDFix_cc, NOPS=3, Address=0x7ff7d06406dc
c_HackTool -> Successfully allocated 4096 bytes at 0x7ff7d1480000 for ASM block
"FOVFix"
c_HackTool -> Assembly compile was successful
Un-Suspending Thread
c_HackTool -> Failed to write process memory at 0x7ff7d1470014, error code = 5

The debug console is showing that the HUD fix is still running? As well, there is an error with indexing of the MenuFOV being a null value (even though it's not??, as per the script). As well, it can be seen that the memory block 0x7ff7d1470014 can't be written to, my guess is either it's locked/secured memory, or there are issues with the memory does not contain the expected values to modify? I'm just taking a guess at that since I'm not sure if this is a windows kernel error code or one from Flawless Widescreen. Unfortunately I've only run the debug console a couple of times while playing this, and I don't remember or recall of this memory that the system can access is moving or not (I'd assume it's a dynamically assigned block and not static, but you can never tell with game developers)

Anyone have any clues on where to begin looking at the LUA script to resolve the issues with the MenuFOV coming up NIL during launch, and what the error code really means in regards to this memory block it can't write?

Thanks in advanced,

Just another triple monitor gamer
:triplewide:

EDIT
I guess I'm just being a noob, ran a couple memory diagnostic applications and found that errors with either the memory, the north bus or the CPU, and will need to dig down further to figure out which is the cause of the game being unstable. Time to troubleshoot that once Christmas is done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next