Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2014, 13:31 

I have Alice Madness returns and wanted to really try it out on my Eyefinity. The guide says to use flawless widescreen but there's no profile for Alice.

Anyone have the plug in? or is this game doomed to single screen now?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 05:18 
Insiders
Insiders

A bunch of games disappeared from the flawless widescreen application a while ago.

I would like to hope this and those other games will be re-added someday though.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 11:30 

Hello,

would it be possible to have the gold fix wsgf alice madness returns.

not of I SEE icon , in the latest version

thank

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 12:05 
Editors
Editors

I think the fix was pulled because it requires a cracked exe. Creating a new & improved version of the plugin would probably require more time than poor overbooked HaYDeN can afford... so don't hold your breath. The old fix still works anyway.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 14:51 

scavvenjahh wrote:
I think the fix was pulled because it requires a cracked exe. Creating a new & improved version of the plugin would probably require more time than poor overbooked HaYDeN can afford... so don't hold your breath. The old fix still works anyway.

The old fix still works anyway. where old fix ?

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2014, 16:02 
Editors
Editors

The fix is included in Flawless Widescreen v1.0.12.
The name is misleading, but it is an entirely different program than the current Flawless Widescreen. It's not a downgrade. You can use FWS 1.0.12 just for Alice, and keep the "real", current FWS installed at the same time for other games.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 21:37 

scavvenjahh wrote:
The name is misleading, but it is an entirely different program than the current Flawless Widescreen. It's not a downgrade. You can use FWS 1.0.12 just for Alice, and keep the "real", current FWS installed at the same time for other games.

When I download this, the file is empty.
Does anyone still have this fix for Alice?

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 04:32 

FranBunnyFFXII wrote:
scavvenjahh wrote:

When I download this, the file is empty.
Does anyone still have this fix for Alice?

The zip has the files in it. For some reason the files don't show up if you're using Windows 10's unzipper. Try winrar.

Upon additional looking, the files are likely just 'hidden' in the windows viewer of the zip file. Try showing all hidden files.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2015, 07:52 
Insiders
Insiders

The zip has the program .exe and a .dll file. I tried this fix and I think it might actually be working without a no-cd crack despite what the instructions say.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 21:42 

As I own the official steam version, I can confirm it does NOT need a cracked exe. I honestly don't know why it was pulled. The only reason I can think is that it states in the description, that the fix does not always apply to every in game scene. Sometimes it takes a minute to kick in, and some camera angles just don't fix at all, But I still feel the fix is worth it IMO. Especially since without it, there are improperly placed black bars, and while the FOV doesn't always fix, the black bar issue is gone in the fix permanently.
Though it should be noted that the FOV is based on an triple WS setup, so if someone wanted a 21:9 setup, they would need to put -36 in the fov boost, since 0 results in a really, really, wide fov.