Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2014, 18:14 

don't work for me. make me crazy....

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2014, 12:43 

I know it's a bit late now, but for anyone who is still having trouble getting Southpark: The Stick of Truth to work in eyefinity/surround or on wider monitors. I'm using the 14.12 Omega Catalyst Software from AMD (which I think may be preventing Flawless Widescreen from recognising my resolution). So I opened up Flawless Widescreen and went to Settings --> Configuration --> Display Detection and then ticked Override Display Detection (Manual) and entered my resolution in the first Width and Height boxes (E.g. 5892 in Width and 1080 in Height).

Hope this helps anyone who is still looking for a fix.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2014, 17:22 

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, and maybe it's just me and/or an easy fix... FWS seems to work great for me, however, when I run in 3x1080p eyefinity, during fights the position I need to click my mouse to choose an action is far from the position the actions show on the screen (e.g. to click the items/potions circle, I have to click roughly at the center of my left most panel even though the action's icon is on the center panel where it's supposed to be).

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2016, 15:48 

I don't know if anyone is still interested but I found the problem with the european (or non-english) version @prodigalson1 mentioned.
The program just uses the game name in the installed language as the window name, so in my case it was "South Park%TM: Der Stab der Wahrheit%TM" (german version).
To make FWS recognise the game it was as easy as to just change the window name in the FWS SouthParkSOT plugin.

1. Go to \Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\SouthParkSOT\Dependencies\Scripts
2. Open "SouthParkSOT.lua" with notepad
3.Change "Process_WindowName = "South Park%TM: The Stick of Truth%TM""
to "Process_WindowName = "South Park%TM: ("Stick of Truth" in your installed language)%TM""
4. Save the file and restart FWS

After ALT+TAB out and back in the game the patch should now also work with non-english versions.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2016, 17:28 

I just got an ultrawide, tried this all, nothing works...It's the English version also, tabbing out does nothing.

Any help? Please, was glad to see it was supported with this app...

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2017, 13:05 

Hi there,

This is my first message here ;)

I've installed Flawless Widescreen and tried to run for my Sout Park: The stick of the truth for Steam but it doesn't seem to be working.

I've installed the plugin for this game but then when I run it I still see the black bars. Can anyone help me please?

I've got the Spanish version of the game.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2018, 22:57 

Does not work here too, process not found, alt*tab not helps

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2019, 09:03 

Doesn't work for me.
Flawless widescreen finds the process but it just doesn't work for one reason or another.
2560x1080 here.