Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 00:53 
I Donated
I Donated

Hey there WSGF. Don't know if anyone has taken notice, but the demo for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 does not support resolutions outside of 1920x1200. Suffice it to say, Surround is out of the picture it seems. I'm not entirely sure if the full version will come out with the same issue, but I imagine that it probably will.

I noticed that in My Documents there was a folder for the demo that has the config file. The resolution can be set there, however, it seems that even then the game engine doesn't want to run Surround resolutions.

Hopefully this can be looked at! Cheers. :cheers:

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 08:48 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, I tested out the demo and hit up David COX about it on tweeter, but he never replied to my queries about MM support. I am hopeful that MM support is in the final product - due to the great support the implemented in the first PC - port of all things. I have run into occasions where the demo was broken, but the final game had support - so we will see.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 23:38 
Insiders
Insiders

[Update] I have the full version of the game it does not support multi screen(odd the first one does and is the same engine) you are locked in 1920x1080, apparently if you have a single monitor that supports > 1920 it works?

I think Helifax has the full version? if Helifax or Hayden don't have the game and want to help fix it please drop a reply here and I will hook either of them up for the cause.

I added on the games forum in Steam -> "Add multi screen support 5760x1080 etc" in hopes the devs will fix it as well, but you never know if this will be seen. Please help out and just add a reply with a please add multi screen(or something like that) if you want.

Btw the game is awesome I really like it, already like it way more than the first, feels more like Darksiders and a true vampire game which is really cool.

Thanks

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 01:36 
Insiders
Insiders

This shits me, no wonder I wasn't getting any love on twitter from the community manager and David Cox. It doesn't make sense, but I know Helifax said the demo was pretty easy to fix - like the ability to have it implemented is already there, but not enabled. So have to see.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 03:36 

oh dam :( yeah just been playing the retail version and i am stuck @ 1920x1080p or 1920x1200
with stupid blackside borders, im can no longer play it until a fix is out could i make a request for 2 resolutions :D

2560x1080p and 3440x1440 resolutions :D

with out any borders or squashing, i can no beleave the original game supports these resolutions to perfection but the 2nd game has no support WTF lol

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 20:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Aye:))

Fixing the game it took me..around 5 minutes..lol:)) Now the implementation will take a bit longer...

Anywho:)) have no fear game is "fixeded" here (for the rhyme) :))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 20:40 

I don't know if you know this but the game actually allows you to use any resolution you want. You just have to set it in windows first before starting the game. I myself use 2560x1440 but a .ore convenient fix is also welcome.

Helifax, would you mind taking a look at the FOV. When you're out of combat, the camera REALLY zooms into Dracula and it makes traversing like climbing more painful cause you have to turn the camera around a lot.

The combat fov however is perfect. Could you try and get it to stay like this all the time? Would greatly appreciate it.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 21:35 

awesome helifax

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 22:28 

Thanks mate!!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2014, 00:15 

Hi Helifax,

Any chance for a fix for Metal Gear? Game is pretty awesome in 3D, but would be much better in 3D vision surround. Also, gotta try your Open GL wrapper with Amnesia. Thanks for your hard work :rockout: