Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 18:00 

Due to the overwhelming response, here is the new version ;)

Version 3 has all basic functions working.

Features:
-Pick supported widescreen resolutions in the display menu.
-Set horizontal FOV in display.cfg, vertical, menu, weapon and cutscene FOV are calculated automatically.
-Splashscreen, Menus and HUD elements are scaled and positioned properly and dont stretch anymore.
-Automatic crosshair scaling and manual tweaking. Previously it had a fixed resolution and didnt scale at all.

Installation:
1. Put the "WidescreenPatch" folder in "Custom\Mods" in the NOLF2 directory.
2. Run the launcher, click on "Custom" and check "WidescreenPatch"
3. Start the game, go to display and select the desired resolution.
4. Open the display.cfg file. If you havent previously launched the game with the patch enabled, the lines mentioned below wont be present and you can add them manually.
5. The line "FOV" controls the horizontal FOV,you can set it however you want. For 16:9 I suggest "90.0".
[optional]
6. The cutscene letterbox scales automatically, if you are unsatistfied with the size, change the "LetterboxPercent" value.
7. Open then the autoexect.cfg file.
8. The line "CrosshairSize" changes the crosshair size.
9. The Line "RightHUDPush" can be used to offset the HUD elements on the right to the edge of the screen. For 16:9 "30" is a good value.
Enjoy the game!

Known Problems:
-With a large display width the loadingscreen text may be cut off at the side.
This is due to the text being scaled with the resolution and background with the FOV.
-With a larger display width Kate will freeze before walking and afterwards disappear.
This is because the user was not expected to see such a wide region of the menu.
-Some menu elements dont line up with the box they are supposed to be in.
This is because their positions are calculated differently. That might be fixed in the future.

Download from Mediafire

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 03:37 

Runs great in single player, but when I try hosting a cooperative map the game just stays in the level loading screen. Any ideas?

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 16:30 

Hello, i tried the patch in single player.
1920x1080 work fine, without stretching.
But it seems to be vert-
I made Screenshot in 1920x1080 and 1024x768 (without patch) and compare.
Is hor+ possible?
Or should i use another FOV? I tried 90.

So far great patch :-)
Vert- is better than stretch :-)

Thank You for the good work. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2014, 20:25 

I had the same problem with hosting but i thought it didnt come from the patch. Can you host normal mp games without the patch?

The fix is vert- but since you can set the horizontal fov yourself its also hor+ :P . For 16:9 you should set the horizontal FOV to around 106.

The next version will be hor by default.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2014, 07:50 

Wobak wrote:
I had the same problem with hosting but i thought it didnt come from the patch. Can you host normal mp games without the patch?

Yup, I just tested it again. I usually run a co-op game over lan using livesforeverplus mod along with command line -rez CoopChars.rez, so I haven't much experience playing it online.
With livesforeverplus or even without any mod/command lines, I can still host over lan with no problems. But with this patch, whenever I try hosting a game, it just sits in the loading screen. Does anyone else have this issue?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2014, 09:03 

This patch wont work with livesforeverplus because both replace the same file. I dont know why it doesnt work with LAN games though - i didnt change anything mp related, i guess ill have to look into it :eh:

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 14:37 

Hi guys, I've been struggling with some issues with running NOLF2 on 64bit Win7 properly. The 1.3 patch as well as the Widescreen patch seem to have solved all of them, except for one thing. Every 2-3 minutes the game minimizes itself back to desktop. Doesn't matter what resolution I try running it in. I know the topic has been dead for some time now, but maybe there's someone out there with a similar problem:)

Interestingly enough (or not) I experience the same problem with MAFIA, also minimizes itself constantly to desktop, problem I did not have while using Vista (or any previous OS for that matter) a while back.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2015, 14:44 

NOLF2 runs fine on Win 7 64 bit for me (except for crashes when loading). Do you have something like a antivirus etc. running in the background that could disrupt the game?

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 15:17 
Insiders
Insiders

I was hoping this Widescreen Fix will too work for CONTRACT JACK, since its the same Engine.

But unfortunate its crashing -> ServerDir.dll is missing :( after copying the missing dll from my NOLF2 Folder still crash -> Could not initialize Cursor!

Any Res over 1920 x1440 is crashing the Game (Contract Jack) :thumbdown: but with your Widescreenfix i can go up too 3440 x 1440 (in NOLF2) :onethumb: Great FIX thou. :twothumb:

I use sweetfx in the screens.

Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 275.14 KiB | Viewed 18587 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 391.48 KiB | Viewed 18586 times ]

Last edited by czarman on 12 Feb 2015, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 15:38 

Yes, this patch will only work for NOLF 2. Contract Jack has a slightly modified version of the client so a widescreen patch needs to be based on its own source. It wouldnt be difficult to to apply the changes from NOLF 2 to CJack, just boring work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next