Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2015, 04:06 

it's not working with my version. I don't even have "custom" button. So i had to download another nolf2.exe, and "custom" appears, but i don't see any widescreen resolutions in game. Shame... Looks like i have to play with old style 4:3

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 10:06 

Hello! (sorry my bad english)
Thanks for good job.
Your Mod I packed program "Creator Pro" in the executable. It took 10 minutes, although I'm not a programmer. "Creator Pro" is a very simple program.
The mod is installed in a folder with the game automatically, according to the entry in the register.
Simultaneously, the registry entry is an established mod.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Monolith Productions \ No One Lives Forever 2 \ 1.0]
"SelectedMod" = "WidescreenPatch"
Now players do not have to think where to put and how to install it mod.
I did not change in your mod, just packed his program "Creator Pro" to automatically install the game folder "Nolf 2", using information from the registry, and install the mod.
If the game "Nolf2" is ver.1.3, then the be installed mod. Otherwise an error message
Download Nolf2_WidescreenPatch_v3.zip /automatically install/ HERE: /I will remove this download if you mind/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8treb ... tch_v3.zip

Comments (resolution Full HD 1920x1080):
1. This Mod is only for a single pass of the game ?? / Single /. When playing multiplayer, when the Mod you can not connect to a LAN server.
I've created a server, can not connect to it, if enabled Mod("error connect to server").
2. Now play online only with the Mod "LivesForever" Two mode can not be run.
Can I do without your Mod’s “widescreen resolution” to play online NOLF2 with the Mod " LivesForever " and widescreen high resolution?
3. In the chat (press "T") the first 4 letters of text superimposed on the "SAY".
4. You have the field of view FOV vertically "FOV" "90.000000" but in the "classic" version of the game field of view FOV vertically "FOV" "108.000000"

Unfortunately, the configuration files and autoexec.cfg display.cfg unstable because The system is constantly rewrites the files.
I think with the help of programs such as «Creator Pro» or NOLF2 menu will be useful to make your mod with different settings "FOV"
"FOV" "90.000000"
"FOV" "108.000000"
It is also desirable your mod to the site
http://www.moddb.com/games/no-one-lives ... /downloads

13 Feb 2016
Hmm .. because of incompatibility with the multiplayer mod URA’s Laucher[old ver.] and "WidescreenPatch", I added several options for installing:
1. "Widescreen Standard" mod. File display.cfg is not corrected
2. "Widescreen Fov 90"mod. File display.cfg corrected: "FOV" "90.000000"
3. "Widescreen Fov 108" mod File display.cfg corrected: "FOV" "108.000000"
4. "Reset registry Nolf2"
Reset registry Nolf2. WARNING ! Use if the distortion of proportions.
The distortion of the proportions may be because of an incompatibility
widescreen "WidescreenPatch" mod, and the old version of the multiplayer mod "URA's Launcher"
The option to install mod " Reset registry Nolf2" is deleted registry entry for Nolf2
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2\1.0]
"AspectCommands"=" +fovx 106.260208 +fovy 78.0 +fovxinterface 106.260208 +pvmodelfov 65 +pvmodelaspect 1.599954 +ScreenWidth 1920 +ScreenHeight 1080 +BitDepth 32"
because this line is not compatible with the mod "WidescreenPatch"
Option "Reset registry Nolf2" is necessary because when you delete and re-install the game NOLF2, this registry entry is not removed.

Thank you

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 09:38 

Good day,
Kindly, before I try, with this mod can you play with 3440x1440 or 2560x1080 resolution in 21: 9 (ultrawide) resolution?
Thank you.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 10:58 
Insiders
Insiders

For 21:9 i use Wobaks Solution --> https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/file ... creen-fix/

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 11:22 

czarman wrote:

OK perfect!
Since it works i install it.

Thank you!