Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 May 2024, 20:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: helifax wrote:Casiotone
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:16 

[quote]I've decompiled some of the interface .swf files.

Here's what I know:

• Most of the interface elements are positioned by calling the "Lock" method on the different MovieClips within each interface

• The "Lock" method is defined in __Packages.Shared.GlobalFunc, inside the SetLockFunction method

• The placements of each element are determined by Top-Right, Bottom-Left, etc. Each of these locations are defined based on the Stage's dimensions for the .swf movie itself

• Given the last point, it either means we'll have to define the dimensions of the .swf file from inside the game itself, OR someone with the correct resources can try to edit and recompile the interface's .swf files after redefining the SetLockFunction method to use arbitrary dimensions.

TLDR: Don't bother playing with the .swf files unless you have experience recompiling them. It's not the cause (but could potentially be hacked to fix things).

I have modified the swf file that I believe is responsible for the menus:) by the look of the content. now something very interesting is that the scene size is 1280x720 which give a locked 1.77..8 aspect ratio. I don't believe we can change this aspect ratio from withing the game's memory.

Now the only problem I am having is recreating the damn BAS file....... I am not a fallout3 etc modder so I am having trouble here. Anyone can tell me how to do this?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Try renaming the Skyrim -Interface.bsa after unpacking it. Game launches and still runs so it looks like it's defaulting to the unpacked files now.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:17 
Administrators
Administrators

You're doing good work guys, keep it up. We all appreciate it and hope to pay it back somehow.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:35 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]I've decompiled some of the interface .swf files.

Here's what I know:

• Most of the interface elements are positioned by calling the "Lock" method on the different MovieClips within each interface

• The "Lock" method is defined in __Packages.Shared.GlobalFunc, inside the SetLockFunction method

• The placements of each element are determined by Top-Right, Bottom-Left, etc. Each of these locations are defined based on the Stage's dimensions for the .swf movie itself

• Given the last point, it either means we'll have to define the dimensions of the .swf file from inside the game itself, OR someone with the correct resources can try to edit and recompile the interface's .swf files after redefining the SetLockFunction method to use arbitrary dimensions.

TLDR: Don't bother playing with the .swf files unless you have experience recompiling them. It's not the cause (but could potentially be hacked to fix things).

I have modified the swf file that I believe is responsible for the menus:) by the look of the content. now something very interesting is that the scene size is 1280x720 which give a locked 1.77..8 aspect ratio. I don't believe we can change this aspect ratio from withing the game's memory.

Now the only problem I am having is recreating the damn BAS file....... I am not a fallout3 etc modder so I am having trouble here. Anyone can tell me how to do this?

Best Regards,
Helifax

Try renaming the Skyrim -Interface.bsa after unpacking it. Game launches and still runs so it looks like it's defaulting to the unpacked files now.

YES!!! It worked...sort of:))) I could see it for like 2 seconds before my game crashed:))) (or I thought I saw it:)) ) It seems that the swf file was not properly created...so I need to work on the recreation of the SWF file.... (some more)
Thanks for the info;))

The sucky part is that the swf creation failed to missing resources...it looks like we need to decompile some more swf files....

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:36 

Yeah... only issue I have with swf files is that when they reference so many classes like this they tend to break upon recompile.

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:38 

Thank you so much for all the hard work guys! I'm actually yelling out 'YES!' as I am reading this thread and seeing the progress your making!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:41 
Insiders
Insiders

yeah...crap... Looks like we need to decompile all the swf files..LOL

Hmm I am wondering about the other possibility to manipulate the size of the "scene" from within the game....

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:47 

hoping for an actual fix when i wake up tommorow! :) keep up the good work guys!

Logitech G510 | Razer Deathadder Respawn | Steelseries Qck+ |

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 01:59 

Hmm I am wondering about the other possibility to manipulate the size of the "scene" from within the game....

If it helps, Skyrim uses Scaleform to render the Flash movies. I don't know for certain, but if Scaleform renders the movies to a texture, you might be able to alter the texture or the geometry that it's being rendered to in order to force a Scene resize of the .swf file itself. Here's the Scaleform docs in case it helps: http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform/support/documentation

Though I'm a programmer, and have done some game development, I've never done any modding (other than installing a few), so I'm not certain what's feasible with the resources we have. I'd be happy to help code up a solution if anyone has ideas of where to start.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 02:12 

I'm going to decompile all the SWF and dump them into the same root directory. That way all the .fla files reference the same actionscript files and we can simply edit 1 file and recompile all the swfs with that change. I'll post the zip of the files in a bit on my website.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 02:15 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]yeah...crap... Looks like we need to decompile all the swf files..LOL

I'm going to decompile all the SWF and dump them into the same root directory. That way all the .fla files reference the same actionscript files and we can simply edit 1 file and recompile all the swfs with that change. I'll post the zip of the files in a bit on my website.

I tried that I still have alot of missing links....maybe it requires resources outside the inferface.bas file....:|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 302  Next