Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2014, 01:39 

That's all I get, and I don't use both tools at the same time. Neither one works for me :(

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2014, 02:02 

Hi All, (my first post on WSGS) I came on here to pop my cherry and say that I got this game on steam for $15 on sale about a year ago and I'm so upset that it doesn't work in triple screen properly. Anyhow the steam version is automatically updated to the newest version when downloaded so I'm pretty much SOL from what I gather.

I use Nvidia surround in a portrait array, I'm running 3240x1920 @ 120hz.

So far the widescreen fixer is not adding any resoltuion and it's only helping to uncap 30fps and bumping me to 60.

The only way I can even get the game to launch is by going into Landscape mode and running the game but it's only displaying on one monitor.

I've searched the web like crazy and can't find a fix.

Anytime I try to go portrait I get a error saying "LanLauncher has stopped working" By trial and error I realized SLi is fine to keep enabled, even triple screen works in landscape as far as launching the game, but once I go portrait that error pops up every time.

Editing the preferences file does nothing, and if I make the preferences file read only I get an exception error.

Bottom line, I think it may be best to download a old version of this game via BitTorrent and play that way. I bought a legal copy so I feel it's within my right to do so.

Any way to avoid this or am I actually SOL to run this in portrait nv surround? Did the older version work in portrait triple monitor as far as anyone knows?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2017, 15:45 

Falcon1 wrote:
That's all I get, and I don't use both tools at the same time. Neither one works for me :(

Hi,

july 2017 and same problem here :(

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2017, 15:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Its working for me --> Use Flawless Widescreen for proper Widescreen: I updated screens for 21:9, 3x16:9 and 4K --> http://www.wsgf.org/dr/la-noire/en

Fix is a little clunky at the moment, you need to launch the game with --windowed (add this to the command line paramemters in the L.A. Noire launcher, not the steam launch options), then go to settings in the game and choose resolution then change it to the newly availible resolution, after launching you can disable the fix to allow you to navigate in game.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2018, 23:59 

It isn´t working for me. I can´t select 3440x1440x120hz ingame.
Max resolution is 2560x1440. Anybody knows, how to fix it?
It is one of my fav games. I really want to try it out in 21:9.
Widescreen fixer removes only the fps cap and flawless widesreen doen´t seem to work.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2018, 13:09 

you should need to launch the game with --windowed (add this to the command line paramemters in the L.A. Noire launcher, not the steam launch options),
then go to settings in the game and choose resolution then change it to the newly available resolution

Attachments:
LANoire_2018_10_01_19_05_40_613.jpg
LANoire_2018_10_01_19_05_40_613.jpg [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 2723 times ]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 12.9 KiB | Viewed 2719 times ]
FW_LAnoire.jpg
FW_LAnoire.jpg [ 196.14 KiB | Viewed 2726 times ]

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2018, 16:44 

Thanks thousand times. IT IT WORKING NOW. You are the man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12