Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 18:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Using flawless widescreen using the setting stated above I can run it across all three monitors, but for some reason ALT + Enter is not maximizing the game. Does anybody know why this is?

Here is a photo of how it is stuck:

Here is a link so you can view it at the proper resolution: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8517/91953420.jpg

Alt-Enter works for me.... I'll review the way it is launched at some stage.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2012, 00:59 
I Donated
I Donated

Using flawless widescreen using the setting stated above I can run it across all three monitors, but for some reason ALT + Enter is not maximizing the game. Does anybody know why this is?

Here is a link so you can view it at the proper resolution: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8517/91953420.jpg

I have the same situation as you-alt +enter does not work for me as well. BTW it does for other games eg. BF3.

@ Slinky, on what screen do you hit alt + enter and it works? Also what drivers are you on?

@ HaYDeN, thank you.

Silverstone FT05 * Asus Maximus VII Formula* I7 4970k * Corsair H80i * 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro* 2 x EVGA 980ti ACX superclocked * Crucial M4 256GB * Silverstone ST85F-GS 850W* Corsair SP2500 * 3 x 1 Samsung S27A950D's 1 x AOC 24" 1080p something..

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 16:00 

Alt-enter doesn't work for me either when I run in dx9, but is fine in dx11, however 3d vision doesn't work in dx11 so would be really useful to find a way to maximise the screen in dx9.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 08:20 

I all, I've been trying to get this running with the latest Steam version of the game and neither Widescreen Fixer nor Flawless Widescreen appear to detect the current steam version of the game.

If you force Steam 1.3 in either then a new resolution appears in the game something like 1440x900x605040x1050x60800x600x60 which appears to be a combination of 3 resolutions together presumably because the memory hack is inserting the new resolution at the incorrect location in memory.

System: 3 screen 5040x1050 desktop resolution. (EVGA Nvidia 670 GTX x 2 SLI)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download and install the latest version of L.A. Noire in steam.

2. Startup your chosen widescreen correction utility.

3. Enable the L.A. Noire fix, select latest steam version in the version dropdown

4. Startup L.A. Noire launcher and set the Comman Line option '--windowed' under options

5. Launch game

6. Click options --> video in the title screen

7. Cycle through resolutions.

If you select this resolution, all three screens you are presented with a blank screen until you alt-F4.

Tabbing out to view the widescreen utility window indicates that the fix is NOT enabled.

Will there be a fix for this, or would I be better off giving up and *GASP* playing on a single screen?

Either way thanks to all those who work on these widescreen fixes, this is the first game I have encountered for which there is a fix and it has ceased to function. So sincerely, thank you to all volunteers for making our widescreen gaming lives so much simpler!

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2013, 14:47 
Insiders
Insiders

I get the same behavior under Flawless Widescreen with version 1.3.1.1 of LA Noire from Steam. With the fix enabled and starting up LA Noire with the --windowed parameter, I can go to the resolution options and see an additional choice of resolution with a bunch of resolutions strung together in one big string. But, when I select it, I just get black on all three monitors. So far, I ended up just playing the first couple of cases single-screen.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 02:31 

I am having the same problems as markilleruk .... I guess I'm just gonna hold off on playing this game until there is a fix. I really wanted to be able to have it run at 60 fps on triple wide.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2013, 22:26 

Bumping just to possibly put this on any of the WSGF developers' radar. I'm holding off on playing this game until latest steam version is fixed. :)

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 01:31 

HaYDeN wrote:

Alt-Enter works for me.... I'll review the way it is launched at some stage.

start the game in dx11, Alt-Enter isn't even needed for me...the game starts in full screen.
dx9 however, the game isn't in full screen mode and the Alt-Enter doesn't work.

as mentioned, 3D vision only works correctly with dx9. would you please take some time to look into this issue?

thanks

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 04:06 

I might be a little late on that one... But, you know, Pile of Shame... :hide:

So, I finally decided to play L.A. Noire... Turns out the fixes available for the game won't work for me or at all. Flawless Widescreen adds a resolution to the game... But instead of the configured 2560x1080 resolution, 2560x1440 is added... WideSreenFixer adds a strange string to the resolution list just as described above.... Selecting this one and I get a black screen.

So anybody actually got L.A. Noire working in 21:9?

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 13:07 

21.9 works great. don't open flawless and widescreen fixer in same time. just open flawless and you can change resolution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next