Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2013, 01:12 

Hi! Thanks a lot for working on this game.
I have 1 question and 1 request.

Question : do you know if this patch works for every language version of the game, or only with the English version ?

Request : like someone else said before me, it would be awesome to get the same treatment for the original game, not just the expansion.

Thanks again! My 7 years old son loves Star Wars and Age of Empires, I can't wait to try this one with him on our current computers.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 02:10 

Hi Chewbacca,

I don't believe you should run into any problems with different languages. The program doesn't path the language DRS so it should work fine.

I will try to work on patching the original this summer. It may take some time to find all the new patch locations in the original game.

Regards,
TheWiz

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 00:12 

This is amazing!
It's a shame the original campaigns can't be played with it though (instant crash), and every time I make a selection square, some weird pink lines appear. Other than that, it works, I'm running it at 1366x768.

I hope it can be fixed someday. : )

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 12:15 

Hi mr Sample,

That's the first time I've heard reports of pink lines being drawn. Could you take a screenshot for me? Also, what "resolution button" was checked in gameplay?

I will have to see if I can find what causes the scenarios to crash.

TheWiz

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 22:47 

There you go:

The lines dissapear when scrolling, but new lines appear everytime a unit/building gets selected or a selection box is made. The menu shows 1024x768 as the current resolution.

Thanks for your work, I hope there's a way of fixing it... and the campaigns :onethumb:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 09:42 

Hi, any word on the patch, wiz? I hope you haven't forgotten about this :) We are still looking forward to your latest news.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2013, 21:28 

TheWiz wrote:
Boeka Bart and myself are proud to announce that Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns now runs on any resolution!
Thanks to the initial work done for Age of Empires II patch, we have ported the application and have introduced a new GUI interface that will also update the AoEII Patch.
Like the AoEII Patch, it writes a new exe and a new version of interfac.drs and interfac_x1.drs, both with a different name. The patched exe refers to the new DRS files, so the original files will not be modified in any way. The No-CD version of the game is required, as well as the latest .NET 3.5 SP1 framework. Once the installation is successful, a batch file will be placed on your desktop to execute the game. Downloads: http://50.115.164.175/file_server/SWGBWide.zip Please consider donating if you want to show gratitude for all the hard work put in to make this happen. This will help us support the patch, and support the interested community in support questions and updates. Donate: http://www.boekabart.net/aoe2wide/donate.html Please make sure that you run the exe from the game folder. You will then be able to select the patch file to begin the process.
Widescreen SWGB, here we come. BoekaBart and TheWiz

I'm getting me the following error:

"An error ocurred: Cannot locate the game directory (where I expecct language_x1.dll). Please run AoEWide from the game folder or a subfolder of it"

What I'm doing wrong? I placed the file in and tried in the game folder next to the exe file CloneCampaigns.exe and also in the folder of battlegrounds_x1.exe, and is not working...

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2014, 13:41 

It doesn't look like he is going to fix the issue people are having with the original campaign in widescreen, such a shame, I was actually looking forward to a fix this whole time :(

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2014, 14:43 

MRSAMPLE wrote:
There you go:

The lines dissapear when scrolling, but new lines appear everytime a unit/building gets selected or a selection box is made. The menu shows 1024x768 as the current resolution.

Thanks for your work, I hope there's a way of fixing it... and the campaigns :onethumb:

You have nvidia, right? You can fix this issue by going into the nvidia control panel and then change 'do scaling by the GPU' and 'override games scaling settings'. My quotes are probably not totally accurate, but you should be able to find it. I cannot remember which of the two settings actually fixed it, but play with it. It should be easy enough.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2014, 02:11 

Hello my name is thomas and i'm french. The patch for the HD résolution is good but i have a same probleme like MrSample , pinke lines , can you have any solutions ? i have a HP pavillon DV7 , and i have a Radeon .
Sorry for my english !! Thank's YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next