Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 22:35 
Insiders
Insiders

Just tried out jackfustes Solution - Perfect in 21:9 - 3440 x 1440 :twothumb:

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 00:02 

Wow, that looks much better than my fix. Are you sure about the Hor+ FOV in the cutscenes though? I limited it because in some cutscenes characters suddenly appear or you can see the end of the map when they just used small setpieces. If you'd like i could send you the code.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2015, 10:16 

NOLF.7z download link doesn't work anymore, any chance of a re-up?

Thanks! :onethumb:

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 06:16 

I noticed Jack's fix doesn't work on XP? It works great in Windows 7 on up from my testing. Any chance for an XP / Vista version? My guess is your fix uses DX10? No DX9 support?

I get this error on XP:

"NOLF Error: Couldn't set D3D Emulation mode. Shutting down NOLF..."

I reinstalled the whole game on my XP computer, and it seems the problem lies somewhere in the D3DIM700.DLL file. If I just extract that dll into the directory with the original installation files, I get the same error. Once that's gone, it works, but of course, I don't get the widescreen fixes or higher resolution support, but the game launches.

I haven't been able to test it on true Vista. My VirtualBox instance of Vista crashes with the same error as above even though I installed DX support via the guest additions.

Man, I love this game!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2016, 09:45 
Insiders
Insiders

VirtualBox does not have a complete implementation for hardware acceleration, so many games will not behave the same as on a native OS installation.

I don't know the specifics of this particular fix, but many such replacements are built on newer technology. Windows Vista would probably work for this fix when running natively as long as it has been updated with Service Pack 2 and the Platform Update.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2016, 20:06 

I noticed that if you apply all of the files from JackFuste's solution on XP or XP 64 and then delete "D3DIM700.DLL", everything works perfectly. I still am able to play the game in Widescreen on XP and everything looks good, but "D3DIM700.DLL" must be deleted on XP / XP x64.

Not sure what this file is supposed to do anyways, but it doesn't even seem like it's needed on XP. It will break the game on XP, but without it, widescreen works just fine.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016, 23:59 
Thanks for the widescreen fixes, guys.

I am using Jackfuste's patch. However when I increase the FOV, the aspect ratio is not maintained, and the image is stretched vertically, resulting in everthing looking taller than it should be.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2017, 00:49 

Wobak wrote:

Thank you Wobak so much for the patch! It's working for me (Windows 10, MSI GTX 970). The only problem seems to be with super sampling of any kind, both SSAA and DSR cause the "3D emulator" to fail (don't remember the exact wording). 8x MSAA forced in Nvidia Profile Inspector works just fine, though.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2017, 01:04 

Hi, I didn't have any issues with installing the game (GOTY Edition), but I am still having issues running the game on Windows 10 Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.296). I have tried all the troubleshooting tips at https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/No_One_Lives_Forever
- installed jackfuste's fix
- set monitor refresh rate to 60 Hz
- reduced DPI settings to 100%
- configured Microsoft Application Compatibility (32 bit) as described
- copied dgVoodoo2 files in installation folder
- disabled G-Sync
- disabled SLI
- turned off windows debugging to avoid Client MFC Application window to allow rapid restarting
- tried various compatibility settings
- tried rapid restarting of the application several times
- installed DirectX files

I am facing the following errors for starting the game exactly the same way:
- small NOLF window appears and disappears shortly
- small NOLF window appears and has to be killed via task manager

I cannot get the game working. Can someone please help me?