Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 19:47 

Files available from https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files (search there)

UPDATE - The zip has been repacked with English, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese versions.

This works with my D2D version. It should work with the retail box version. It may work with any other version as well.

You need to load up the game, change to windowed mode, change your resolution with the hack, and then switch back to fullscreen mode. I am sorry for the high maintenance solution.

This was made with the Trainer Maker Kit and the assistance of Dopefish's brain. Happy gaming.

Note: If this works for you please post your game version so we can confirm this hack as a viable solution or not. Thanks.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009, 05:11 

I updated the first post with the hack.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 20:29 

Do you think you could modify the hack so it can also work with Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper? The games run on the same engine, so I would think it's worth a try.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009, 16:02 

Hi, this program works great for the retail version of the game. I also confirmed with a friend that it does not work for the Chinese version.

Great job. I hope you can get it to work with Dynasty Warriors 5 and 6. That would be great.

Edit:Yes, I meant SSM4 special. Forgot they don't have english DW5 for pc.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009, 18:05 

Do you think you could modify the hack so it can also work with Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper? The games run on the same engine, so I would think it's worth a try.

I hope you can get it to work with Dynasty Warriors 5 and 6.

The engines are different versions so there are always things that happen differently. The only one I know I could get right away is Sam Warriors 2 but I do not have that one.

I am working on Shin Sangoku Musou 4(DW 5) but it is Vert - at the moment. I will try and make it Hor + before I release it.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009, 19:12 

Great to hear. Do you think you can get it to work with the Chinese or Japanese versions of orochi? It has something to do with the exe file. If you need, I can provide the chinese exe file.

Also, maybe you should rename the program to koei resolution selector or something.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2009, 22:22 

Great to hear. Do you think you can get it to work with the Chinese or Japanese versions of orochi? It has something to do with the exe file. If you need, I can provide the chinese exe file.

I updated the hack so that it should work with the Russian version. It may work with other versions as well.

I cannot get the Japanese or Chinese executables to run with my build.

I can give a walkthrough if someone wants to do it themselves. It is fairly involved but a simple process.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 02:09 

Hi, to get the Chinese exe to work you must rename LINKDATA_ENS and LINKDATA_ENS.IDX to LINKDATA_TNS and LINKDATA_TNS.IDX. Some of the text will be garbled but the game will still work.

Btw, are you still working on the SSM4 resolution selector?

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 23:44 

Updated the zip with all four localization versions. They should work.

Btw, are you still working on the SSM4 resolution selector?

Off and on. Maybe I can get something out this weekend.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 13:34 

I confirm that the Chinese selector works perfectly. For the SSM4 selector, please make it multi as well. I think there are only 2 versions(Chinese/Japanese).

Thanks for your great work.