Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 May 2024, 18:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 07:56 

So here is my little problem.

I have installed C&C Generals & Zero Hour with my First Decade Boxset.
And in google and forums that you can change the widescreen resolution.
when i tried doing it i when to the folder ::

C:Documents and SettingsKenMy DocumentsCommand and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data / Options.config

and change the lines to ""Resolution = 1360 768""
thats my screen resolution i have a HDTV 32inch that i use as a monitor.
I play C&C RED ALERT 2 and i did the resolution config edit and it worked...
but it wont work on generals or zero hour.

I also downloaded this file """ CC-ZH 104 Gamedata Widescreen Update """
that I found on a forum and the instructions where.

C&C Generals Zero Hour: Widescreen

Unzip GAMEDATA.INI into your "Command & Conquer Generals Zero HourDataINI" folder. (typically under Program Files)
Edit MaxCameraHeight to adjust the FOV. Default setting is 310. Setting it to 410 is approximately the same as a 4:3 monitor, and 510+ gives you a widescreen advantage. ;-)

This Gamedata.ini file is set at maxCameraHeight of 510, however 610 looks sensational at 1920x1200.

but still i did all it told me and it wont work....

i have an """NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS"""

could someone help me plz =(...

PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 18:23 
Editors
Editors

First, is the configuration files named Options.config, as you posted? It should be Options.ini. Also just to double-check, this line doesn't have quotation marks in the actual file, right?
Code:
""Resolution = 1360 768""

The camera height mod will not affect resolution at all, so I'd recommend uninstalling/deleting that file until you have the res problem resolved.

Try executing the game in a window using the -win switch. Does it work @ 1360@768?

:welcome

PostPosted: 11 May 2009, 13:57 

I checkd if it was the right file and it is the one in my documents that says OPTION.CONFIG well It is and it has the RESOLUTION option so you can adjust it... but nothing will happen.

Im sorry im a real NOOB at this i just got my WIDESCREEN so im kinda lost..... -win? is it like a command to put it windowd mode?

PostPosted: 11 May 2009, 20:29 
Editors
Editors

I checkd if it was the right file and it is the one in my documents that says OPTION.CONFIG well It is and it has the RESOLUTION option so you can adjust it... but nothing will happen.

Im sorry im a real NOOB at this i just got my WIDESCREEN so im kinda lost..... -win? is it like a command to put it windowd mode?

Rename the Options.config file to Options.ini. I don't know why it has a .config extension, because the game uses only .ini files.

To use the window command, right-click the shortcut for Zero Hour, choose Properties, then add -win to the target field so it reads like this:
Code:
"E:Program FilesCommand & Conquer Generals Zero Hourgenerals.exe" -win

Click the OK button. Now when you double-click that shortcut, the game should launch in windowed mode.

PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 14:50 

OK so i did the -win but what it does is that it changes the FILE TYPE of the generals ZH .exe... and it wont open the game =.

i also did the other thing and still no luck.. what could it be?

i can play the game in native. 800x600 but theres a lot of GLITCHES like straight lines from one side to the other =

PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 15:55 
Editors
Editors

The window command should not affect the file type at all. Is this how you edited the shortcut properties?

If you were referring to the Options file then yes, I did suggest changing the file type from .config to .ini. If the game no longer functions with that change then I am totally lost, as I don't know how or why your version of the game would use an entirely different file extension. :?

The other graphical errors could be just about anything at this point.

PostPosted: 12 May 2009, 16:03 

OK so i did the -win but what it does is that it changes the FILE TYPE of the generals ZH .exe... and it wont open the game =.

You didn't right click and edit properties. You changed the name of the actual executable. Change it back to what it was and be sure you follow GeneralAdmission's instructions EXACTLY.

PostPosted: 13 May 2009, 02:15 

EDITED :::

Ok so i created a shortcut in the desktop and it actually brings it up... Yes its in window mode now but i still see the GLITCHES in the game... its no fun playing with a TANK that has its cannon as large as the screen =

=( im getting frustrated.... the thing is Its not my Video card cause i use to play in a small monitor 20inch and it looked PERFECT....

PostPosted: 13 May 2009, 03:22 
Editors
Editors

If windowed mode makes no difference then I doubt your monitor is the problem. Of course, that means just about anything else could be the problem. Can you take a screenshot or 2 and post them here to show the graphics issues? I believe the F12 key takes screenshots and puts them in the game folder. If not, use PrntScrn and paste the image into any image editor to save a file.

The game can run at 1360x768. I verified this on my system:

PostPosted: 13 May 2009, 04:55 

well OK here you go:::

The thing is.. that it wont do the 1360x768 in FULL SCREEN... =.....

it stays 800x600...

but if you see in the pictures check out the glitches. =