Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 21:07 

dudes, what happening?
this thread is stuck!

the patch don't work can anyone fix it or make something that works?

shame on EA!!!

please keep this thread alive until a proper patch is released! :?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 07:31 
Editors
Editors

The patch doesn't have support anymore. It was made for Need For Speed Most Wanted, it's just chance it works for Undercover. So your requests won't be actioned.

The best way would be for RACER_S to make a patch.

You could also try these files but as list - its made for carbon and Mostwanted.

http://www.tocaedit.com/forum/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=11

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 08:52 

Doesn't Squ1zzy's unipatcher work with just about any game, provided you know the 4 byte offsets for each res. part (like 2 for 1360 and 2 for 768 in this case)

And from what I've seen, nfs:mw, nfs:u2, nfs:carbon and likely undercover use the same engine and even the offsets are in the same part of the .exe.

I was using UniWS and the nfs:u2 for nsf:mw back when I had it installed.

If there was a demo for undercover I'd take a look at it but there won't be, and I won't be buying it for lack of any added features in the last 4 games.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 20:40 

i tried the unipatcher, doesn't work...not for me anyway.

how can i contact Racer_S for asking him to patch this MF?

GOD i HATE EA!@@#$!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 16:06 

Tried this but not working.
Also is there any way to get 3360*1050 for resolution?
Can't this be done with an hex editor?

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2008, 23:27 

Racer_s if you can see this, please make a res changer for UC.
you did for all the others, i'm sure you can for this one...

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008, 16:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Doesn't Squ1zzy's unipatcher work with just about any game, provided you know the 4 byte offsets for each res. part (like 2 for 1360 and 2 for 768 in this case)

And from what I've seen, nfs:mw, nfs:u2, nfs:carbon and likely undercover use the same engine and even the offsets are in the same part of the .exe.

I was using UniWS and the nfs:u2 for nsf:mw back when I had it installed.

If there was a demo for undercover I'd take a look at it but there won't be, and I won't be buying it for lack of any added features in the last 4 games.

Yes, i've made this tools ages ago trying to make a universal patcher that anyone could use. Just provide the correct offsets and your done.

The problem here is that some resolutions aren't in the tool and it depends wich executable your trying to patch!

If you're using the original executable there are different offsets you need to provide if your using a RELOADED cracked executable.

This game is easy to patch with the desired res, but harder to fix the FOV. Just provide the correct offsets for the correct executable and you done. Paste a link to a cracked executable from gamecopyworld for an example.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008, 22:13 

Unlike some others, I can't say I've ever seen a problem with the FOV in the nfs games, even after fixing the res.

I've used patched .exe for nfs:mw and the fov seemed fine enough to play, maybe the default fov was just off too much for me to begin with and the res. change countered it enough.

Still, unless they did a major change since nfs:u2, nfs:mw and nfs:carbon, the same patch, including uniwis, works, the offsets didn't change at all for the resolution.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 19:53 

hi guys. having a nightmare ere. trying to get this game to play on my laptop at 1280x800 resolution and its having none. ive tried to hack the thing using the res patcher. that didnt work. could somebody provide me with a link to the offsets for the RELOADED executable. im 60% thro the game atm. but i can only play it in 1280x768 and it looks pretty shitty. hopefully one of you guys will be able to help me.

i have got a dell xps m1530 . 4gb ram . 8600gt 2ghz processor. laptop is fine. gotta be something do with the hack.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2009, 08:56 

anychance i'll be able to play at 5040x1050? lol?