Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Psi-Ops (PC) No WS?
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 11:43 

This was released only overseas port of the Xbox version

I've tried editing the .ini to support WS, no dice.

Anybody else even have it to see if they have any luck? Basically the only searches it comes up on were for Starforce (different .exe took care of that, so I'm still Starforce free).

OT, but I'm not liking the looks of the port so far as I think this game needs to have dual-analog joystick support. May just end up going back to the Xbox version (that wasn't widescreen either).

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2006, 02:30 

It's a horrendous port of the game, I couldn't stand it on the PC, I just got the XBox one, heh... I didn't recall seeing any kind of widescreen support though.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 00:44 

Amusing, I've seen other ports to be kind of worse (deus ex 2).

While there's no builtin support via .ini editing: it picks from predefined resolutions inside the data files somewhere, they may be found/editable with time and patience which I lack.

However I did get it to run in 1920x1080 via Racer_S's Just Cause fixer seen here:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/6795

And interestingly this 'crap port of an old game' actually does widescreen fine, horizontally adding to the new resolution, no fov editing necessary.

original 1280x1024 chosen (highest available in-game)

same ingame choice, override to 1920x1080

I'll take tips on how to post images to this, first time I try attaching any :).

Oh and oddly enough, the overrider also somehow crippled the ad showing, not that it was intentional either.

Since this one works I wouldn't be surprised if the softth could be used to do this as well, just disable the sides to just increase res.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 02:24 
Insiders
Insiders

To post images directly to a forum post just past the direct url to the image inside the tags.

If that hack enables triplehead support I may have to abandon my PS2 version of this game and replay it.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 03:19 
Founder
Founder

Fixed the image tags. Also linked back from the URes Changer article. A Detailed Report would be nice.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2008, 04:39 

Thanks Ibrin.

If I were to guess it should work with a TH2G, I have none so can't try it but the .ini is freetext to input any width and height resolution that your system can use.

Also, I've noticed the game sometimes starts out squeezing the image on the left but eventually gets fixed on the next loading.

The menus are on the left size and most huds get stretched all over.

Seems to cause some crashing though, I've crashed twice so far. But could just be vista being a (censored), it's already corrupted my mp3 players firmware tonight and it ain't recognizing anything else usb atm.

Post subject: Having Issues
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 00:06 

I've wanted to play this game for a very long time, but I'm having issues. I've been trying to get the widescreen fix to work with URes Changer and I'm not having any luck. I have my resolution set to 1920x1080 in the URes config file, and I copied the files into the game directory. It will play the opening cut-scenes in full resolution, but when gameplay starts it will just make a 1024x768 window for the game in the upper left corner and leave the rest of the screen black. I have the FilePlanet free version installed on an XP machine with a 7900GT video card. Am I doing something wrong? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 01:10 

Keep trying different WS resolutions till you find one that works for you.

For me it works with these:

[MAIN]
#Resolution
Width=1280
Height=720

#Force windowed mode (may not work in all cases)
Windowed=0

#Enable this if the window appears clipped ( 0 or 1 )
ForceViewport=1

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 01:55 

Mine worked first try, resolution.ini is:
[MAIN]
#Resolution
Width=1920
Height=1080
#Force windowed mode (may not work in all cases)
Windowed=0
#Enable this if the window appears clipped ( 0 or 1 )
ForceViewport=1

In-game I had chosen the highest available, 1280x1024.
I also noticed it takes the image and squeezes it into the left area on first run, fixes itself after a while of play.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008, 02:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Seems to cause some crashing though, I've crashed twice so far. But could just be vista being a (censored), it's already corrupted my mp3 players firmware tonight and it ain't recognizing anything else usb atm.

Any other word on this? I'm not going to do this if it means risking USB recognition and my MP3 player firmware.