Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 06:00 

That's exactly what I asked back in September but never received a reply.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 17:56 

Triklops wrote:
Hey crudelios, thanks and kudos for the PharaohResizer. Works perfectly! :clap:

Wondering if you've made similar Resizers for the rest of the Impressions city builder games like Caesar III, Zeus+Poseidon and Emperor ROTMK?

Not that Jackfuste's fixes doesn't work but your's addresses some of the UI glitches as well.

Hey,

Sorry, but I haven't done a resizer for any other games, only for Pharaoh!

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2016, 18:09 

crudelios, thanks for making that resizer. It is really good.

But, we also would like one for caesar 3, zeus and emperor, since you already know how to do it.
I like how the UI and the map screen is centered on yours. No other widescreen patch does that on other games.

Check out this 1600x900 resolution for caesar 3, it does not work for me. crashes on menu.
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... &start=180

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2016, 12:23 

crudelios wrote:

Hey,

Sorry, but I haven't done a resizer for any other games, only for Pharaoh!

No problem. If you do try your hand at those games I'd personally recommend Zeus/Poseidon. In my opinion its the best of Impression's city builders.

Salvia wrote:
crudelios, thanks for making that resizer. It is really good.

But, we also would like one for caesar 3, zeus and emperor, since you already know how to do it.
I like how the UI and the map screen is centered on yours. No other widescreen patch does that on other games.

Check out this 1600x900 resolution for caesar 3, it does not work for me. crashes on menu.
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... &start=180

Try this. Replace the original c3.exe if you've made a backup or if you haven't just download a normal No CD exe and then go into the game and set the resolution to 1024x768, save the game and exit. Then replace it with the resolution fixed exe and it should work fine.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2016, 18:32 

Triklops wrote:
crudelios wrote:
Try this. Replace the original c3.exe if you've made a backup or if you haven't just download a normal No CD exe and then go into the game and set the resolution to 1024x768, save the game and exit. Then replace it with the resolution fixed exe and it should work fine.

Hope this helps.

That does not work. Has anyone gotten caesar 3 on 1600x900 to work?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2016, 19:42 

Salvia wrote:

That does not work. Has anyone gotten caesar 3 on 1600x900 to work?

I have and I am running it on 1600x900 right now.

You could try another thing, try running the Caesar 3 Map Editor (c3_mapper.exe) and set the resolution to 1024x768 from in there then exit and try running the main game.

I could also attach the 1600x900 executable I'm using, dled it from this thread, not sure which one but it works fine.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2016, 17:09 

Hello there everyone,

I'm having severe issues with the fixes for Pharoa and Cleopatra. Basically I've followed the instructions specified, however, when I go to change the resolution the game crashes. Sometimes it even forces my entire computer to crash prompting me to restart it. I've tried all manner of different launch settings, changing from the 1920-1080 file to 1600-900 and so on but nothing seems to work. It just crashes constantly, either I get stuck on the black start screen or whenever I change resolution it goes kaputt. All I get is this tiiiiny little window up in the left corner of my screen and it stops working.

Am I doing it wrong? What are the exact settings to use to make this work? Are you supposed to change the resolution in-game or no? Thanks for any help you can provide, I desperately want to make this work... I mean... so much nostaliga, I have to have it! Haha.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 15:42 

Meade wrote:
Hello there everyone,

I'm having severe issues with the fixes for Pharoa and Cleopatra. Basically I've followed the instructions specified, however, when I go to change the resolution the game crashes. Sometimes it even forces my entire computer to crash prompting me to restart it. I've tried all manner of different launch settings, changing from the 1920-1080 file to 1600-900 and so on but nothing seems to work. It just crashes constantly, either I get stuck on the black start screen or whenever I change resolution it goes kaputt. All I get is this tiiiiny little window up in the left corner of my screen and it stops working.

Am I doing it wrong? What are the exact settings to use to make this work? Are you supposed to change the resolution in-game or no? Thanks for any help you can provide, I desperately want to make this work... I mean... so much nostaliga, I have to have it! Haha.

You have to set it to the highest resolution the game offers from the game menu. Then quit and use this file to make a 1920x1080 resolution and replace
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154 ... esizer.exe

hope it works.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 17:08 

Hi guys,

I got the 1920x1080 patch for Caesar III and it doesn't seem to work.... it just moves the screen to be fullscreen, and it puts the things that are supposed to be in the center are almost in the lower right-hand corner. I am using windows 10. Can anyone help me? I put a screenshot of what I see. if I try to put it to 1280x720 resolution without the patch it makes the screen dark, keep the old resolution, just a small part shows of the old resolution, and the desktop shows, then if I click from the taskbar Caesar III it takes me to the normal screen

Attachments:
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png [ 2.28 MiB | Viewed 4742 times ]

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 12:47 

I have c3 - 1920x1080.exe, what i must do to set game in 1440x900? I have Be.HexEditor but i don't know how to use it (what string i must change and how?)

thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 44  Next