Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 09:27 

crudelios wrote:
Due to the amount of changes needed and the lack of time available, unfortunately I doubt I'll be updating the French version any time soon.

However if anyone has a good grasp of programming and assembly (or the will to learn) and wishes to know how to edit the files I can try and teach how edit the files!

Hi crudelios !

I'm interested...
If you can send me sources, it would be great !

THX ;)

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 09:15 

I downloaded the resizer and tried to set it to 1364x768 (since 1366, my actual screen width, isn't an option), but when I click the option in-game to set it to this size it just blackscreens. Still has music and sound effects, and I can see my mouse, and can apparently click on menus (it makes the same sound as it does when I click them open before trying to change the size) but I can't actually see anything so it's unplayable.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 09:24 

Found this in youtube comments, and it worked for me too.

Quote:
Black screen error fixed! I have a 1366x768 monitor, and I was getting black screen errors when ever I tried to load the full screen resizer mod for Pharaoh at 1364x768 (not 1366 because the horizontal resolution must be a a multiple of 4). Then I changed my screen resolution to 1360x768 and replace the Pharaoh.exe file with the resizer file to match that resolution. Now the mod works perfectly!
It seems the resizer file must match the screen resolution perfectly to work.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 11:15 

Hello,
First of all, massive thanks to all experts who created patches for these games, specially Jackfuste for Zeus! I went through the whole topic! :onethumb:

I have a request as a member of ZEUS french community :
On page 20 (link), Jackfuste solves a diacritics/accent issue using user MadPianist's specific exe file --> Would you have time & resources to apply that diacritics correction to Jackfuste's very own exe files ? And specifically Jackfuste's 1920x1080 version whose last version is on page 25 (link).
The reason why we'd rather use Jackfuste's files is that they work perfectly for us (except french accents) and MadPianist's file requires a CD to be inserted :(

That would be soo nice !
Th4805324
EDIT - as first post of 2018 I wish everyone a happy new year!

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2018, 11:49 

Hi all,

I recently grabbed the classic game (Pharaoh) on steam (in 2018) and quickly got sick of the original resolution.
I eventually made my way here and followed all the instructions but i was still having some resolution issues. See below

Basically, something was going funny and the mouse didnt line up with where the game was registering it as being so was really difficult to click the buttons. (Plus the whole right toolbox was missing)

The fix: (after an hour or so of messing around)
Basically find the .exe and making the following changes (im using win10)

Hope this helps and maybe fixes some of your issues.

Cheers

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2018, 19:15 

Hello :)
it is possible to reupload the fix for Zeus Master of Olympus ?

Have a nice weekend

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 01:04 

Hi there. Can someone upload again the whole exe's for Caesar 3, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom and Zeus: Master of Olympus + Poseidon: Master of Atlantis at the 2560x1440p because all the links from the posts are gone (deleted). Thank You.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2018, 23:33 

crudelios wrote:
Hello everyone,

I made a patch so Caesar III will work at 2560x1440 (that's the resolution of my monitor).

Known bugs:
- When querying a tile, the query window always appears on the upper left corner;
- The trade map is buggy (the world location doesn't match the cities), but it works;

I would be glad if someone could help me fix those bugs.

Link to file: c3.exe

On a side note, the game still works on Win10, but requires WinXP SP3 Compatibility mode as well as 16-bit color mode.
If the message "Loading sounds..." gets sticky, simply press "Exit" on the main menu and then answer "No" to the dialog box. The "Loading sounds" message should then disappear.

Hi crudelios, have you made any progress since? The link is dead, and I haven't been able to find any other 2560x1440 .exe for Caesar.

If there's no fully functional 2560x1440 fix, I'll be glad to start working on one. It'll be great if you can reupload it so I pick up from where you left off.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 00:47 

All the widescreen fixes are mirrored and uploaded onto moddb.

Emperor: http://www.moddb.com/mods/emperor-full- ... hd-support
Zeus and Poseidon - http://www.moddb.com/mods/zeus-and-pose ... resolution
Pharaoh - http://www.moddb.com/mods/pharaoh-resiz ... resolution
Caesar III - http://www.moddb.com/mods/caesar-3-full-hd

Now to follow up my previous post, a kind fellow on YouTube uploaded me the 2560x1440 fix. I couldn't find it anywhere in this thread or elsewhere online, but I can confirm it works perfectly, the UI and everything is properly scaled. I've attached it to this post.
There does not seem to be a 3840x2160(4k) fix for C3. If someone can confirm it, I'll start working on it, unless someone faster than me beats me to it.

Attachments:
c3 2560x1440.zip [447.8 KiB]
Downloaded 418 times

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 18:22 

Thanks for the links Denemy.

I would like to know if anyone has any of the Zeus or Emperor Windowed fixes that JackFuste provided in these three posts:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 90#p144990
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 33#p145033
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 68#p145668

If so, please can you upload them somewhere?

Edit: Nevermind, I sent a PM to JackFuste and he re-uploaded the Windowed mode patchers.

Next, I want to point out to everyone that Crudelios made the source code for Pharaoh Resizer available:
crudelios wrote:
Download Pharaoh Resizer Souce code

1. Set Horizontal Resolution
2. Set Vertical Resolution
3. Save the file to the game's main directory
4. Open the game using the new file
5. Enjoy!

If the resizer complains about missing DLL's, please download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

I'm not sure if it is the source for the May 2016 or November 2016 version. @Crudelios: Can you please confirm which one it is? Also, I've noticed that the French version of your resizer is no longer available for download. Would it be possible for you or someone else to re-upload it somewhere?

To anyone that wants to port the resizer to other games, I glanced at the source code and it looks like making it work with other games would mainly require knowing what addresses need to be hex edited.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 44  Next