Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2005, 06:58 

Just downloaded the utility and the ini, but it won't let me enter a resolution, and the patch and cancel buttons are inactive also. Tabbing doesn't even register the edit boxes. How do I get around this? Thanks

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2005, 14:06 
Founder
Founder

Did you point it to the directory where the game was installed?

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2005, 17:31 

Yep, did that manually and with the "find it for me" button. Still wouldn't let me type it in and those were greyed out. It also said when I first ran it that the inf may be for a newer version of the program, but I couldn't find any other site to dl it from.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2005, 01:28 

i've been checking this forum for a while.... found MANY usefull informations in the last 6 months.... and decided to make myself an account just to say a big : WOOT!!!!! for this game.. :)

only little bug i have for now is i cant see my answers choice when i try to talk with other people.... otherwise it looks AWESOME! :)

edit : everything exept the "bottom" text in conversation works fine.... i cannot see what the NPCs are saying OR my choices of reply to them....

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2005, 01:34 

So nobody else has had this problem? I've dl'd it and the ini file multiple times just in case, and still won't work. Don't mean to just show up and complain, since already got lots of help from this site. I'm just rather eager to play this game on my new compy.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2005, 01:57 

its not the first game i do patch with uniw.exe ... and never had any kind of problem with the patcher itself.... as for this one, i still cant get any of the subtitle or my own answer to appear..... :)
but it still ownz!!! :P
even though its kinda.... unplayable.. :(

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2005, 04:05 

awesome.. guess its time to finish this game

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2005, 12:07 
Editors
Editors

So nobody else has had this problem? I've dl'd it and the ini file multiple times just in case, and still won't work. Don't mean to just show up and complain, since already got lots of help from this site. I'm just rather eager to play this game on my new compy.

The UniWS patcher can be a bit picky at times. If you've got a hex editor, and are reasonably confident in it's use, you can look at the .ini file to find out what you have to edit and do it manually, but it's a pain if you're not used to doing it.

Are you running any of the patches? Or not running the patches? Can anyone who's used this tell us which version of the game they're using please?

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2005, 19:10 

Hmmm, never used one before but will give it a try. I got the patch first, thinking that if I patched afterwards it might overwrite the hack, and the thing says "patches many versions".

*edit* looked and the only thing I could find would be a typo or something, and there aren't any of those. Guess I'll try uninstalling and using the hack on the base version

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2005, 02:01 

I reinstalled and the widescreen patcher worked on the original version. The autopatcher and the manual patch abort when they reach the exe though, but some of the changes have already been made. Basically can only play widescreen or 1.0b, not both.