Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 23:34 
Insiders
Insiders

I know this game isn't very popular but one of the issues with it is that it uses the Unity engine and the video settings are controlled in the registry. This means for it to run correctly you, at least from what I could find on the Steam forums, is that you have to disable Surround/Eyefinity. Why? Because you can't hit Alt + Enter to make it go into windowed mode because it still spans the screen as Vert Y and you cannot resize the window you have to get to the menu to change it . The registry will not work because the option you need to change in game is called "Native Resolution" and in the registry, even if you change the value it will go back to being enabled when you start the game up again. I don't know why, it just does. What I had to do was change the monitor to my secondary, in the registry, start the game and then hit Alt + Enter to make it go windowed and then drag it down to my primary Surround display and then uncheck that PITA feature. I then restarted the game, made it full screen so the side monitors are black but at least it come up as 1920x1080 on my center monitor so it's finally playable. For those who do not have a secondary monitor I have included a copy of my registry settings for Quern and hopefully this will work for you or it will work for anyone else who don't feel comfortable playing around in the registry.

Attachments:
File comment: Registry fix.
Registry Video Settings - Have to use for Multi-Monitor.rar [2.3 KiB]
Downloaded 239 times

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!