Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 02:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Haldi wrote:
this does NOT work on the DVD Retail version :( still get 3 Screens mirrored, even after i tab out and back in 3 times
it does seem like i'd would like to work, when tabing out before the main menue ("press any button" screen) it does span over 3, but quickly closes it again. and yes i did select the .ini file !

Is there any way to get it working ? i've got Cheat Engine and Gamewiz32 ready....
or Teamviewer/VNC, you can hit me up on IRC mostly anytime ^^

Hmm...

I know that I am using Surround and not Eyefinity (on Nvidia Surround I can't make the displays render the same screen 3 times no matter what I do...) so It might be a driver thingy? I can try and give a look though;))

Teamviewer should be just fine;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 04:24 
Insiders
Insiders

FYI - those that can not get it to work or have it crashing, I had that prob too this is how I run it:

1. * one time to initialize the fix * Run Widescreen Fixer no game running set you settings and make sure you browse to your ConfigDefault.xml and save your settings
2. close Widescreen Fixer
3. Run Risen 3 get pas the press button so that you see all the menu options
4. Alt tab out , launch Widescreen Fixer
5. Alt tab back in the game
6. Load your save file or start a new game
7. now finally alt tab out and then alt tab to go back in , you will notice the huds and menus are all perfect the final fix has kicked in

That is it, don't have Widescreen Fixer running first before you boot the game up, do it after or it will crash or not work(well for me this way works 100%).

Also I run the game in offline mode I doubt this matters though.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2014, 05:58 
Insiders
Insiders

valcan_s wrote:
FYI - those that can not get it to work or have it crashing, I had that prob too this is how I run it:

1. * one time to initialize the fix * Run Widescreen Fixer no game running set you settings and make sure you browse to your ConfigDefault.xml and save your settings
2. close Widescreen Fixer
3. Run Risen 3 get pas the press button so that you see all the menu options
4. Alt tab out , launch Widescreen Fixer
5. Alt tab back in the game
6. Load your save file or start a new game
7. now finally alt tab out and then alt tab to go back in , you will notice the huds and menus are all perfect the final fix has kicked in

That is it, don't have Widescreen Fixer running first before you boot the game up, do it after or it will crash or not work(well for me this way works 100%).

Also I run the game in offline mode I doubt this matters though.

Yeah I figured that out too - to run the game first and then run the fix after it's booted. I just wanted to confirm with you that the GUI is still on the left monitor - Helifax said that was the case, but if by some reason you have the GUI (mini-map/health etc) centred? Also the inventory and such menus, they are overlapping for everyone - but mostly centred?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2014, 22:51 
I Donated
I Donated

Hello, I'm looking to play Risen 3 in eyefinity 5x1 portrait setup; 5400 x1920. Is there anyway to get this game to work? I've tried messing with the ini files, ect.. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to this post.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 01:06 
Editors
Editors

Using Helifax's Fix and manually setting resolution to 5400x1920 does not help?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 04:52 
I Donated
I Donated

Sorry, I seen the auto resolution selector picked the proper resolution and thought that it was right. I unchecked the auto detect resolution and noticed it thought i was using 3 monitors. You were right about manually typing it in. worked perfectly after that. Thank for the help.

Last edited by Nosiphoros on 22 Aug 2014, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2014, 06:10 
I Donated
I Donated

Now that I got it to work one time. I exited out of the game and it won't start up anymore lol. It goes to a black screen and tries to load like it did the first time it worked. Then it just crashes without any pop up window. Guess the game doesn't like portrait eyefinity 5 no matter what lol.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 02:02 

Latest Steam patch (3rd Sept 2014 - v1.?) breaks Widescreen Fixer. Obviously a plugin update is required .... Hope Helifax isn't done with the game, it's beautiful.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014, 00:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Badman wrote:
Latest Steam patch (3rd Sept 2014 - v1.?) breaks Widescreen Fixer. Obviously a plugin update is required .... Hope Helifax isn't done with the game, it's beautiful.

Just an FYI Helifax has fixed this and it is patched up for the latest game patch go get the update @ http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html

Or direct @ http://3dsurroundgaming.com/img/Plugins ... nLords.rar

Thanks Helifax :rockout:

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2014, 02:32 

Salute Helifax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next