Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2013, 20:32 

I created a support ticket but that was about 5 to 6 months ago.. Still no Eyefinity.. We all know when you have a game that doesn't support it, it makes you want to throw something out the window, and I don't just mean the family pet. Everything out the window.

Anyways, it does support it, but it doesn't support it well.. At all. The scoreboards, chat, spawn menu, everything was spanned across all 3 monitors, and are barely readable. The left monitor has my chat, and when I'm looking at my middle monitor (the one you look at 98.7% of the time) I can't see the chat, unless I turn my head almost 90 degrees. The spawn menu is also cut in between all 3 monitors which makes find and spawning things near impossible. The right monitor has ammo and people talking which takes another 90 degree headturn.. There are a lot more things, but the fact is that it doesn't support it.

I will be willing to pay someone to fix this issue, and it shouldn't be hard. I have the most hours in that game than any other game in my Steam library. (Close to 2,500 hours and that isn't idle time) If anyone can do this, it would make me a very happy camper. Since I have gotten the 3 monitors, I haven't been able to play Garry's Mod for hours on end like I used because of the issue at hand. It just bugs the hell out of me when someone calls out a traitor in chat, I didn't see it, and I end up getting knifed, and laughed at. ajflksdjf

Sorry for the long message, and I have included a TL;DR.

TL;DR : Will pay real moonays to fit everything on the middle monitor.
Thanks!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2013, 00:25 
Administrators
Administrators

Hi :welcome , the game should have number of .res files, for example base_chat.res, hudlayout.res etc
You can adjust the "xpos" values in these files to move the items to the center monitor.

I have written a web tool for calculation of optimal position dependent on monitor configuration and a built in file editor, give it a try, there are some presets from other games you could try these first, otherwise you may need to try different settings, a bit trial and error.

Hope this helps.

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 06:11 

Sorry about the necro bump, but I am coming back because I have not gotten it to work. The web tool I have used, doesn't work on Garrys Mod. I got rid of my old setup due to the fact that it didn't work with my favorite game. But now that I have a new setup (3 x 27" Acer IPS, ran by dual GTX 780s) so I am in need of a fix. :( Has anybody gotten the .res to work correctly?