Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 19:14 

Yeah those things should be easy to implement, great idea, I'll do it after the weekend. I'll auto load on startup, but do you want a save button or should I have it so when the app is closed is saves whatever settings are current.

You may be right about the directory thing, I think UAC has some effect too(for me anyway) It's easier to just ask for admin rights though so I ensure everyone is on the same page & can eliminate that as an issue.

Perhaps just a tickbox for saving whatever value is there? Or maybe just default it to doing that I guess, I can't imagine it would be a big problem for anyone (lots of apps work that way anyhow). So I think overall just saving whatever the last settings were is the more elegant way to do it.

The only reason I'd want an option to turn off the request for admin is to avoid having to do the extra click to allow it, really. But I can understand wanting to eliminate that as a problem, it's really annoying.

Edit: Just thought of a couple more things in line with that suggestion that would be nice.

If it could save the settings for the rest of the form, including the on/off state of the FP mode and camera distance on/off, as well as the max distance like for the FOV, that would be ideal. It might also be worthwhile to color code the On/Off buttons for FP mode and the camera zoom to indicate what state they're in (green outline on the On button, red on the Off, perhaps?).

If all the fields auto-saved the last values and auto-set when it loads, just like the FOV, that would be great since you could set it once and then just load it after GW2 is open and not have to mess with the values or the toggles.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 02:14 

The latest patch broke the new version, but the old version now works again, heh :)

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 03:31 

Okay I'll set it up so if the new fast scan fails it will fallback on the old scan code.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2012, 19:12 

Hey, wanted to say thanks for such an awesome tool. If I could make one suggestion though, it'd be cool if you could rebind or disable the hotkeys.

Post subject: 0.4 Update:Scanning code
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2012, 13:36 

0.4 Update:
Scanning code Take-3, should work with future patches now.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2012, 08:05 

Thanks a lot for the update mate, will check it out later when I can log into the game.

EDIT: Works like a charm.

Post subject: Thanks for this awesome
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2012, 21:47 

Thanks for this awesome Tool!
But i have some concerns about the zoom feature.
I think it should be removed because u can use it as an advantage in PvP, especially WvW.
However, i made a short Vid about the ridiculous Zoom u can do with this Tool.
Default is 600.
I raised it to 4000 and this is the Result.
At the beginning im changing the FoV from 65 to 110, at the end im zooming back to default settings (FoV65, zoom 600).
GW2 MegaZoom
I really hope Anet will implement a FoV-Slider as its SO MUCH more beautiful with a proper FoV.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 04:59 

The latest update on 10/15/12 broke all versions of the CameraTool, including 0.4. I've tried all three of them; 0.2 says it failed to detect the process, 0.3 tries to detect it interminably and never does, and 0.4 starts up fine, says "Tool Ready!", and doesn't make any actual changes to the FOV.

Post subject: Upping new version now.
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 06:57 

Upping new version now.

Post subject: FOV in this tool is
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 20:06 

FOV in this tool is incorrect... defaunt FOV is 75 so if you want set FOV to 90 you must set FOV in this tool to 80 (or 1,5 in 0.2version)

just sayin :)

Attached files

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next