Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 20:54 

We need to put the data inside the PluginCache folder. Thank you so much for uploading these files.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 20:58 

Thanks for this! :rockout:

edit: OK stupid question but where do I drop the plugins?

When FW wouldn't update the other week I unistalled it and reinstalled from scratch. Obviously it didn't update again (now I know why) but I can't see a folder for the plugins.[/quote]

Plugins will drop into C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins assuming a default location.

Huge thanks to bburnham37 for posting the plugins! Got everything I was missing except Wolfenstein New Order.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 22:27 

Thanks Hayden and bburnham :clap:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 23:16 

Thanks for this! :rockout:

edit: OK stupid question but where do I drop the plugins?

When FW wouldn't update the other week I unistalled it and reinstalled from scratch. Obviously it didn't update again (now I know why) but I can't see a folder for the plugins.[/quote]

The folder path looks like this (if you have it installed to the default location on your C:\ drive)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins"

I uploaded the FWS_Plugins folder to Mega so you would copy that folder to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache" folder. If "PluginCache" does not exist you can create that folder, then copy FWS_Plugins to it.

Just in case you guys do not have the "FWS_Plugins.fws" file, or yours does not list all of the plugins, I have upped that file as well. It is in the "Plugins" folder in the root directory. Like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\Plugins\FWS_Plugins.fws"
Basically that file is a .xml file that Hayden renamed the extension to .fws for use in his application. It lists the plugins and defines the layout of the page within FlawlessWidscreen.

I've also changed the way the uploaded files are arranged so that when you go to the link, you'll see both the PluginCache folder and Plugins folder with the appropriate files contained in each. You can just drop them directly into your Flawless Widescreen directory and then launch FWS. You might want to disable the automatic updating (connection to the repo) that FWS does when it opens. At least for the time being.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 00:43 

Any working links to the actual installer for this program?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 06:19 

USteppin wrote:
Any working links to the actual installer for this program?

It seems that there are a number of people who uninstalled the program when the site and repo went down or sometime after that. They're now having some trouble getting it re-installed (nobody keeps their install files around I guess). Of course, new would-be users can't find a download to install it in the first place at this point either.

Since the installer cannot be downloaded from FlawlessWidescreen.org any longer, I've uploaded the latest version that I have (v1.0.15 I believe) to the same Mega folder that I linked previously. It is in a zip file since it's an executable and, security being what it is, .exe files can be problematic for some to download.

TLDR - You can find the Flawless Widescreen installer at the Mega link in my previous post. It's named "fws_setup_x64.zip" and you'll need to extract it once downloaded, then run the file to install.

-Also, (off-topic here) it seems like it takes kind of a long time for posts to be approved and actually show up in the thread so I hope that my info comes in time to help anyone who needs it. Maybe the time lag between when I post and when it's approved will shorten up a bit at some point. Hope so.
Does every post on the forum have to be manually approved or is it just for members with low post count?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 08:11 

1. First off. Burnham, you're a legend! Huge thanks for uploading these!

2. Alas, I can't seem to work out where these files need to go. The FW app has nothing under plugins despite where I drop them. Any help on the directory structure would be awesome.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 08:36 

Hello Hayden!

first of all I want to thank you for the nice tool you made. I hope you read this message on this forum. I want to donate a server to you. I live in sweden so I will not send the server to you(weight 40kg). Its a HP ML350 G5 with scsi SAS disks, xenon CPU, 2PSU redundant power., tape backup device etc What I could is let you have it and remote it? I have a 250/50mbit internet. I have the original disks etc for windows R2 2003 server edition, but right now its the latest ubuntu server edition on the computer.

Pm me if your interested.

Regards K

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 12:02 
Insiders
Insiders

HaYDeN needs to charge a $20-$30 one time fee for this software and then charge $5 per plugin.

This community and certainly others running widescreen monitors can't LIVE WITHOUT this valuable tool. Or those of us wishing for options that game companies don't give us.

I *just* donated another $100 bucks to him. I'd encourage everyone to give something. Too many people bitch and moan about their game not being playable the way they want it and never donate a dime. Really sad.

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 12:19 

For those interested, there is an unofficial repository up at http://www.evillight.net/fws/

The repo can be added to Flawless Widescreen by
1) going unto Update Settings under Configuration selecting adding a repo
2) Entering "EvilLight Repo", or whatever else you want, as a description
3) URL http://www.evillight.net/fws/FWS_EvilLightRepo.xml
4) Checking ENABLED and saving
5) Save Changes again and then click on Check for Updates

This repo is using the plugins posted up above on Mega, though this is just providing a secondary repository within FWS in case Mega takes down the post above :savews:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 126  Next