Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 14:24 

Noilei wrote:
I got Ghost Recon Future soldier the other day and noticed that it had letterboxing at 2560x1080 that behaves exactly the same as the letterboxing that Black Flag experiences. Does this mean that a fix could be able to be ported out? Is there a way I can do this. Honestly I have 0 experience with this sort of thing, and I'm not sure how difficult it it. In my head it seems as simple as redirecting the fixes from AC4:BF files to the Ghost Recon files :') although I'm sure that its not that easy! Any help would be appreciated .

i need this too :-(

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 21:24 

Hi HaYDeN,

Just wanted to share my experience with using Flawless Widescreen for the first time with Origin version of Mass Effect 2.

I'm using 27" full HD monitor and my eye distance from the screen is 27".
For me, FOV of 100 usually feels the best.

Now, Flawless Widescreen worked with Mass Effect 2 straight away, and it did allow me to press Numpad + or - to change FOV, which made me very happy :cheers:
But, holding Numpad + all the way to the max made the game look better indeed, but still I feel the need to move away from my screen which is always a sign of FOV being still too low.

Flawless Widescreen (FW from now on) claims it fixes FOV for Mass Effect 2 (ME2) by default, but I don't think that happened in my case. Simply running FW and pressing CTRL+ALT+Z did nothing. Only pressing Numpad+ or - had the desired effect.

Then I did some math and I realized that FW's built-in FOV Fine Adjustment limit is not enough for my case.
ME2 has a default FOV of 70, which means that when I push the slider all the way to the max I get 70 + 20 = 90, still less than 100 which I'm after.

Luckily FW has most of it's files in source code, so I found the way to fix it myself, by editing '\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\GlobalDependencies\Scripts\StandardBase.lua' on lines 739 and 752 where I increased the range from 0-200 to 0-400 and set the default position to 200.
In this way I got FW to allow me to fine tune the FOV in +-40 as opposed to default +-20.
And then, when I set this slider to +30, the FOV feeling is just right and ME2 finally runs '...the way it should be!' :-)

Hence, my suggestion to you is to allow more than +-20 FOV fine adjustment by default as clearly there are cases where this is not enough.

I hacked my way to achieve that, but will others be able to?

Thanks for this blessing called Flawless Widescreen.

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 05:35 

Any idea when you will have a plugin/Fix for Killing Floor 2?

I have the KNOWN black screen of death and can't even play the game. Searched everywhere for a fix with no dice. I dont get it!?!?!?!? I have descent video card and and I7 CPU.

I know its still in beta stage but that has been awhile now and I have no idea when tripwire is releasing the official release.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 06:37 

DAOWAce wrote:
Dead Rising 2 and OTR fixes need to be updated due to Steamworks migration. The render fix still works, but the aspect ratio and HUD correction don't.

Dead Rising 2 (and OTR) HUD fix is still broken since my last report in May.

Is HaYDeN still around? There hasn't been many FWS updates in quite a few months..

Mayh3M wrote:
So the game can't be played in fullscreen mode in 21:9 - that's a shame.

I played it in 21:9 the entire time with FWS and GeDoSaTo.

It's only recently (since a few patches, updated GeDoSaTo and updated FWS) that I haven't been able to play it in 21:9 properly anymore, so I never finished the game. And now SotFS came out..

I'm sure it all still works together, but I just haven't been assed to put time into it, especially not when I wanted to continue playing my old save on an old version before the huge Faith nerfs. I'll look into it again whenever I decide to go back to DkS2 and finish my playthroughs..

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 04:08 

Hayden should look into adding a Fallout 4 HUD fix, decent donations to be had there. Lots of folks with this issue.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 20:10 

Here is a quick contribution:
(I am sorry if this has already been shared on wsgf. I had not found this solution anywhere yet so I think this can help)

I use the great Flawless Widescreen tool since several years but I never managed to make it work with Mass Effect 2 and 3. FWS does not see the game running and never activates.
As I am unlucky, WidescreenFixer started to make those games crash on my pc after the games were patched and therefore I was not able to play this great series with my usual alternative solution.
I had the CD limited edition but I bought it again on Steam and Origin for the same sad result.

As I love to enjoy my 3*16/9 and 21/9 screens, I ultimately stopped the saga after 25% of ME2.

... but yesterday was the N7 day, so I deceided to try again. Of course the result was the same but this time I decided to look how Flawless Widescreen works, especially the game detection. I was not brave enough to look inside the exe but checking the other files and especially the plugins, I understood that there was someting of interest in the following file:

xxx\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\MassEffect2\Dependencies\Scripts\MassEffect2.lua
(structure is the same for each game)

After some time, I finally managed to have Flawless Widescreen see my game running and activate its magic !!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The trick was to open the MassEffect2.lua file with an editor and modify the following values:

Quote:
Process_FriendlyName = Module:GetFriendlyName()
Process_WindowName = "*"
Process_ClassName = "*"
Process_EXEName = "MassEffect2.exe"

(Changes in bold)

After going through the forum and reading other peaople also having troubles with ME2, I think that the issue is that the original code only allows detection of the english version of the game; The changes I have done allow Flawless Widescreen to detect all versions of the game.

Note that Mass Effect 3 compatibility can be improved the same way.

I feel stupid to have lost 3 years to do this very minnor change that will finally allow me to enjoy those great games.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 21:51 

X3R Kefran wrote:
Here is a quick contribution:
(I am sorry if this has already been shared on wsgf. I had not found this solution anywhere yet so I think this can help)

I use the great Flawless Widescreen tool since several years but I never managed to make it work with Mass Effect 2 and 3. FWS does not see the game running and never activates.
As I am unlucky, WidescreenFixer started to make those games crash on my pc after the games were patched and therefore I was not able to play this great series with my usual alternative solution.
I had the CD limited edition but I bought it again on Steam and Origin for the same sad result.

As I love to enjoy my 3*16/9 and 21/9 screens, I ultimately stopped the saga after 25% of ME2.

... but yesterday was the N7 day, so I deceided to try again. Of course the result was the same but this time I decided to look how Flawless Widescreen works, especially the game detection. I was not brave enough to look inside the exe but checking the other files and especially the plugins, I understood that there was someting of interest in the following file:

xxx\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\MassEffect2\Dependencies\Scripts\MassEffect2.lua
(structure is the same for each game)

After some time, I finally managed to have Flawless Widescreen see my game running and activate its magic !!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The trick was to open the MassEffect2.lua file with an editor and modify the following values:

Quote:
Process_FriendlyName = Module:GetFriendlyName()
Process_WindowName = "*"
Process_ClassName = "*"
Process_EXEName = "MassEffect2.exe"

(Changes in bold)

After going through the forum and reading other peaople also having troubles with ME2, I think that the issue is that the original code only allows detection of the english version of the game; The changes I have done allow Flawless Widescreen to detect all versions of the game.

Note that Mass Effect 3 compatibility can be improved the same way.

I feel stupid to have lost 3 years to do this very minnor change that will finally allow me to enjoy those great games.

At first it didn't work for me, FW gave me an error message.
But then I tried changin fileds one after another and if I left Process_ClassName = "LaunchUnrealUWindowsClient" it works.
I asked about that problem a long time ago in that thread and was certain it has to do with the language of the game.
Thank you.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 11:07 

Is there a way to have AC Unity at 1280x1024 in fullscreen without black bars? The fullscreeen option is stretched, it does not keep the aspect ratio.

Last edited by Padellus on 28 Nov 2015, 18:23, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2015, 16:19 

Detection wrote:
Funkengreuven wrote:
Hayden, any chance of adding a plugin for the new Wolfenstein: The Old Blood to FW like you did for New World Order? It's broken exactly like NWO was, so hopefully it can be fixed without too much effort. Looks like fun so far, but hard to play stretched.

+100

Aspect ratio is out, even though it seems to show the correct ratio in settings for your rez

I'd love to see a fix for this too. Just got it on sale on Steam. Flawless Widescreen says the injection point could not be found.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 02:39 

Hey, is there any chance of adding in functionality for Elite Dangerous? I know it works with Nvidia surround but when switching between surround and extended desktops it moves around my windows and causes a massive headache after playing the game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 126  Next