Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 01:38 

elmy wrote:
I emailed Dopefish and asked if he could fix it and how much he would charge to do so and I haven't got a response back from him either....

Things are not looking good.... Sad times :(

Fix what, his site or the app?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 02:03 

valcan_s wrote:
For those that don't have the app here is my install 7 Zipped I have a Nvida rig so I am not sure if this will mess up anything it should work as is if it does not there is nothing I can do.

http://valcanized.com/ds2/

Right click on the file flawless.txt and save as

flawless.txt

When done downloading rename the extension to

flawless.7z

Open with 7 Zip

Thanks so much for this valcan_s! I should have read back a bit further in the thread before posting. I'm so happy you had a copy of the plugins. At least FWS is usable with these!

And thanks for your hard work Hayden. When the tool comes back I will donate for sure, and would happily buy a copy of FWS if you made it a paid for application going forward.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 03:53 

Oh sorry... COD AW

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 07:14 

Site can no longer be found when searching on google. Looks like this might be the end of Flawless Widescreen. I don't blame them honestly, sure its become an essential tool for me, sure I have donated on more than one occasion; but you should have seen the request section in their forums, people had a demanding tone as if it was their god given right to request fixes for nothing in return. I wish them all the best and hope they find it in their hearts to bring the site back. But like I said, I don't blame them.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 07:25 

bajs1988 wrote:
Site can no longer be found when searching on google. Looks like this might be the end of Flawless Widescreen. I don't blame them honestly, sure its become an essential tool for me, sure I have donated on more than one occasion; but you should have seen the request section in their forums, people had a demanding tone as if it was their god given right to request fixes for nothing in return. I wish them all the best and hope they find it in their hearts to bring the site back. But like I said, I don't blame them.

Based on what exactly?
The domain name info was updated 2014-11-06T04:24:24Z. He obviously still has interests in the domain name. Perhaps he was out of town when it was nearing expiration. Who knows.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 08:47 

ColdSun wrote:
bajs1988 wrote:

Based on what exactly?
The domain name info was updated 2014-11-06T04:24:24Z. He obviously still has interests in the domain name. Perhaps he was out of town when it was nearing expiration. Who knows.

Based on the fact that a simple update on the issue was never given, Hayden knows of this forum, he is the creator of this post after all. Either way whatever he decides I wish him all the best.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 13:30 

bajs1988 wrote:
ColdSun wrote:
bajs1988 wrote:

Based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that a simple update on the issue was never given, Hayden knows of this forum, he is the creator of this post after all. Either way whatever he decides I wish him all the best.

Hey guys is serieusly hoping he or the program can be picked up by somebody who knows how this works.
I'v just got in to widescreen gaming because of this website en forums and know my screen is junk. ;-(.

Im willing to donate again and again if this can be worked out. It was a awsome program.

anyway hoping you all ok and come back please

kind regards

bob from holland

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 14:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Guys,

I've been extremely busy with work stuff recently, basically living and breathing work.. add on top of this one of my SSD's dying (Raid 0, yay) my PC's basically been off, waiting for a replacement SSD to come, which is now and in and I'm back up and going again.

Re: Website.

Website is down due to the widespread drupal exploit, which basically all sites started getting hit literally within hours of its announcement... site was patched on the 17th and after an audit of the logs it appears evident that their exploit attempt failed to do anything nefarious, the fact that the write permissions on the files were locked down, eg. apache couldn't write to those files means they didn't succeed in planting anything malicious... further exploits obviously failed because it was patched, however things like database interaction are not easily audited.

I'd hazard a guess there's tens of thousands or more drupal based sites out there with backdoors now installed [lying dormant] and erring on the side of extreme caution I've decided to drop the site, rebuild it with static content and drop drupal entirely, that is why the site is currently down... and basically my recommendation would be that if you interact with _ANY_ drupal based website tread with caution going forward unless you know they've been secured.

You can read about it here: https://www.drupal.org/drupalsa05FAQ

It will be back up shortly now that I have some time available.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 14:54 

Thank you very much for the update Hayden, glad to know that it wasn't you leaving us :P . Looking forward to the site getting back up and sorry to hear about your SSD troubles.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 17:57 

Thanks for the reply Hayden <3

I donated to you the other day. I will donate again on my next check coming in.

Thanks for all your work and if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Hardware wise or anything. I am sponsored and I go to a lot of LAN parties and I got stuff laying around here including SSD's.

Dopefish is currently working on a fix for the new COD AW. I don't know if you guys collaborate on fixes or what. He went offline about 2 hours ago... Probably sleeping now.

Thanks again

Elmy

And if there is anyone reading this and have used Flawless widescreen fixer and can afford a donation... Even 10.00 .... please donate! If you can afford 50.00 even better. Lets thank these guys for their work.

[email protected] Here is the Paypal info.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 126  Next