Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 09:57 

Hello guys, I'm new here, but I would like to contribute by posting the fix I did for the menus and hud of Dead Island

Is far from a definitive solution, still contains some bugs and some things I can`t change how I wish, but it is enough to make the game playable and enjoyable in triple monitor.

All menus have been adjusted and the hud is now smaller and has been repositioned.

The fix follows the same method used for the FOV Mod, which makes it safe against the VAC ban (I hope).

is simple to install, get a pack of files on the link below ...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T849XG7M
or
http://widescreengamingforum.com/f/u/dead_island_menu_and_hud_fix.rar

And extract the "Data" folder into the "out" folder in the following path: "Documents DeadIsland out"

Then just start the game and be happy.

Works perfectly in 5040x1050, unfortunately I did not test other resolutions, but I believe it should work.

Some pictures showing the result ...

PS: Sorry for my bad english

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 11:03 

Thank you very very much!

I was trying to edit this settings myself but somehow I got lost in this.
Tested your fix with 5760 * 1080 and it works very well.

Without this Eyefinity is really broken in this game.

Thanks again ;)

Post subject: I tried it as well with
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 11:43 

I tried it as well with 6100x1200 and its working nice thx :D

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 11:45 
Editors
Editors

Nice, thanks Garden, i was also working on this yesterday, but you got it first, very nice !! :twothumb Ill add this information to the Detailed Report.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 12:23 
Founder
Founder

Thales, why don't you create a Lobbying entry to get the devs to roll this fix into the game itself. With this, it could be Certified.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 12:32 
Editors
Editors

Thales, why don't you create a Lobbying entry to get the devs to roll this fix into the game itself. With this, it could be Certified.

Forum member kiax001 has contacted the developers and they said they were "sorry" but this game wasnt created for "two or more screens" ( http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/16680/dead-island?page=1#comment-231622 ), i wouldnt hold my breath for an official fix, despite its probably a 5 - 10min job for one of the developers, its just some settings that should be fixed. :doh
The developers dont have and official forum, but ive already lobbied at the dead-island.com forums - http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/16680/dead-island#comment-231551 , also following kiax0001 idea.

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 14:25 

Wow, I can actually play the game now.

I hope the developers read this.....this could be a Steam patch in about two seconds.

Cudos. :)

I use 5670 x 1200 and this works well. I do have my weapon indicator partially hidden behind a bezel, but that might just be my settings.
I,m going to tweak the resolution a bit and try and fix that.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 15:41 

There was some lobbying going on in the steam forums as well, but I'm not aware of the developers reading that.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 16:48 

Thanks for the compliments guys ... I did the fix in a few hours, to be sure a professional would do better and in a few minutes.

Is a shame that the developers leave us without support for something so simple to fix.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2011, 16:55 

Great work coming up with a fix for this. It's nice to see the gaming community step up once again and do the developers' work for them. It's sad that the developers won't take the small amount of time needed to implement this fix. I'm still onthe fence about dropping the money on this game, but the fence is starting to crumble. To me it's mostly a question of will I get my money's worth out of it in terms of game length; I'm tired of paying $50-$60 for games that last less than 10 hours. Being that the game seems to be an open world kind of game I think it will have a good amount of playtime to it.

Does this game require Steam? Not a big concern, I am just wondering if it does or not because I would prefer to get a physical copy of it if it does not require Steam, but if it does require Steam than I see no reason not to just get it on Steam.

Also, does this fix do anything about the giant crosshair issue I am seeing?