Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 20:27 

I'm having a strange issue with creating a custom resolution. I was able to take my 24" dell lcd monitor, native 1920x1200, and create a custom resolution of 1920x1080 and turn off scaling. By doing that I was able to match my 23" acer side monitors and my games lined up almost perfectly. For reasons that I won't go into here I needed to rebuild Windows XP. While re-creating the custom resolution there is no way to turn off scaling. Windows seems to think that the monitor is an HDTV. When I try to turn off scaling on the monitor itself the option is greyed out. I've tired several different versions of Nvidia drivers and each time the results have been the same. I've searched many forums and through various search engines for a solution. Most of the problems/solutions are about TVs not monitors. Does anyone have any ideas? My current config is below:

monitors acer23|dell 24|acer 23
GPUs GTX460 primary, GTX210 secondary
Nvidia 260.89 drivers
SoftTH

Thanks for any insights you may have.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 00:48 

I figured out how to correct this issue. When creating the custom resolution I left the active resolution alone at 1920x1200 while creating my 1920x1080 resolution. That left the options to disable scaling in Nvidia control panel and viola! Matching screen height on all 3 monitors.