Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Necro-user returns
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016, 19:14 

Hello again all! I know I am so far from active you could effectively call me dead, hence the thread title. Either way, I still lurk and read, I have been steadily redirecting folks to WSGF for all their Widescreen Gaming questions/support, so I hope that some good has come of that, at least one happier user.

Not here to just say hi (though I should more frequently), but to say that I got an invite to the Razer product launch event for the "Shadow" this evening up in the city (San Fran). I just watched the Razer live video stream from Germany and it appears the Shadow is actually the Razer Blade Pro, their newest laptop, now sporting desktop PC specs. Since I'll be going to the event, I wanted to check in and see if anyone wanted me to bring some cameras/note-taking tools and see about getting some hands-on time to review the products. I expect the Ornata (the mechanical/membrane crossover keyboard) at least one new mouse model, and the laptop, will be on display and available for demo. Let me know if anyone's interested in any of the product line here and I'll see about covering it.

Post subject: Re: Necro-user returns
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016, 19:50 
Insiders
Insiders

I personally would enjoy pictures, no pressure. Curious what this Shadow will look like.
I am thinking it's maybe called Stealth (I couldn't find a better picture btw...)
Linked image from here: http://wccftech.com/new-razer-blade-hands-on-benches/

Last edited by imusrt on 21 Oct 2016, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2016, 21:15 

The Stealth is nothing new... That's the second version of the Blade, the third and just announced version was the Blade Pro, it comes with an i7-6xxx, 32GB DDR4-2133Mhz, and an onboard 1080 with 5GB GDDR5X dedicated, with up to 2TB Raid 0. What they're actually showing off is the Razer Pod, that device in the back holding the GTX1080 graphics card linked over Thunderbolt.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2016, 00:06 
Editors
Editors

Oh Cynagen shows up? It's that time of the year already? *jk*

While i think it's a pretty cool thing of technology i'm not really interested in these thingys.
The Ultraslim 12" are pretty neat,but don't have a GPU.
The 14" Portable Gaming are cool but bit weak on GPU and CPU.
And the 17" Desktop replacement... well i don't need a desktop replacement.

I really like the idea of External GPU's connected via Thunderbolt. But if you have a 1080 in that case the 15W ULV CPU is still gonna criple it.

So there are only 2 Variants i'm really curious about:
A: Booting the Laptop SSD from a Desktop System via Thunderbolt. Using full dekstop Performance but with all the Data from the Laptop.
B: A Laptop with Way Overpowered components but still slim with horrible cooling system and an external Cooling dock which cools CPU and GPU components from the Outside.

Both of these Things do not yet exist, as far as i know.

Well yeah, As long as the empty pod costs around 500$ it's just a way overpriced Docking station :(