Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 23:35 

Resolution is 1280x1024, game version 1.04 and I tried fixed exe from here http://www.wsgf.org/dr/driver-san-francisco/en - which removes black bars but the HUD, fmv cutscenes and the image overall are stretched:

I tried to use Flawless Widescreen (with original and modified exe files) but this way black bars remain and HUD Fix stretches geometry when ticked, other options seem not to have any effect on the image.

Fix enabled:

Fix disabled:

I would appreciate some guidance.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 00:08 
Insiders
Insiders

Try Cheat Engine instead of FWS. Instructions below are for Manual PLP, but should work for any problem resolution.
http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt/2015/04/01/driver-san-francisco-2011-manual-plp-instructions

(instructions require downloading CE table from http://www.wsgf.org/dr/driver-san-francisco/en )

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 17:56 

I'll try that, thanks.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2015, 21:36 
Insiders
Insiders

York, here is another solution that may work better & easier. I neglected to test this area of Flawless Widescreen when I played this game. This would not require CE, using FWS instead.

Flawless Widescreen (FWS) Fix:
A. Load game plugin, checkmark all.
B. Go to menu Settings, Configuration, Display Detection.
C. Checkmark Enable Detection Override; enter Width & Height, HUD W&H (same), HUDX (zero), HUDY (zero). Save Changes.

Numbers above are my best-guesses, suitable for your single-screen. If you test this method, I'm curious of your results.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 21:57 

It took a while to test. The only way to get rid of black bars was to use fixed exe linked to at wsgf (5_4 in my case). With settings like this Image the image is stretched and the hud is stretched.
Then I changed hud to 1280x720
and got what I wanted but the cutscenes are displayed in upper area of the screen and during camera angle change there is funny stuff happening in bottom part:

Other then that the end result is great, no black bars or hud distortion:

Thanks for the advice :)

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 22:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Your welcome & congratulations. Thanks for testing FWS's resolution override. Based on your results, I'm guessing Manual PLP would also benefit from that FWS override. Should retest it someday, great game.