Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 12:26 

Turn off Antialiasing in the in-game options to fix the left screen corruption issue. [3x1]

Took me a little bit of trial and error but it's working great now. :)

Side note, there is a problem using the Harpoon with eyefinity/surround. It does not work. A fix is to revert to 1920x1080 to be able to use it.

I hope the developer is aware of these issues.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 15:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, I can confirm the Harpoon game bug. I tweeted @MadMaxgame asking if there was an official forum to report issues, so hopefully they'll reply. I'm not sure how active they are on the Steam forums.

What is the corruption issue you speak of? I was getting artifacting but that was not specific to the left screen - updating to the latest Nvidia drivers appeared to fix this for me.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 23:38 

Here's a screenshot of the issue. I'm not sure its corruption, it seems to be linked to the mapping of the gameworld.

Turning off Anti-Aliasing did fix it without issue on Eyefinity, thanks for the help.

edit: Also, here's the link to submit a bug to WB: http://support.wbgames.com/ics/support/ ... wizard.asp

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 09:00 

MustacheRide wrote:
Here's a screenshot of the issue. I'm not sure its corruption, it seems to be linked to the mapping of the gameworld.

Turning off Anti-Aliasing did fix it without issue on Eyefinity, thanks for the help.

edit: Also, here's the link to submit a bug to WB: http://support.wbgames.com/ics/support/ ... wizard.asp

Are all your guys Mad Max working in surround?
Mine is all stretched, and unplayable.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2015, 12:49 
Insiders
Insiders

X1XNobleX1X wrote:
MustacheRide wrote:

I'm playing on Surround and it works fine EXCEPT there's a bug that stops you from using the harpoon gun you attach to your car (early mission). You have to change the resolution to single screen to get past it - but it persists throughout the game. Hayden had a look and apparently its sloppy work with how the game reads aspect ratio etc. Really need to get on to official forums and see if they can fix it.

Last edited by Toothless Spoon on 03 Sep 2015, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015, 01:53 

Toothless Spoon wrote:
X1XNobleX1X wrote:
MustacheRide wrote:

I'm playing on Surround and it works fine EXCEPT there's a bug that stops you from using the harpoon gun you attach to your car (early mission). You have to change the resolution to single screen to get past it - but it persists throughout the game. Hayden had a look and apparently its sloppy work with how the game reads aspect ratio extra. Really need to get on to official forums and see if they can fix it.

Not sure why your game seem to be displaying three screen fine, I'll post a picture of what I get.
I got it to work once, but it hasn't worked since.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2015, 01:35 

Toothless Spoon wrote:
X1XNobleX1X wrote:
MustacheRide wrote:

I'm playing on Surround and it works fine EXCEPT there's a bug that stops you from using the harpoon gun you attach to your car (early mission). You have to change the resolution to single screen to get past it - but it persists throughout the game. Hayden had a look and apparently its sloppy work with how the game reads aspect ratio etc. Really need to get on to official forums and see if they can fix it.

If you press V to go into first person mode, you do not need to change resolutions and will be able to aim and fire the harpoon. Saves a lot of stuffing around!

:triplewide:

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015, 09:52 

jtreadwell wrote:

If you press V to go into first person mode, you do not need to change resolutions and will be able to aim and fire the harpoon. Saves a lot of stuffing around!

:triplewide:

OMG :D :D :D seriously, YOU ROCK ! I somehow never given a thought that it could work in FP, its a much better workaround than switching to 1080P each time i wanna use the harpoon :D Its not a FIX by itself, but as you say, it save a lot of switching back and forth :D thank you for sharing your discovery men :) :triplewide:

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015, 21:27 

I also wanted to add another harpoon workaround in case anyone was interested :)

You can aim the harpoon (slow motion), quick tap nitro boost while still aiming, then fire it and it works.

This is better than having to switch back and forth to first person mode.

I'm using Nvidia surround at 5760x1080 resolution for reference.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015, 22:40 

kiax0001 wrote:
I also wanted to add another harpoon workaround in case anyone was interested :)

You can aim the harpoon (slow motion), quick tap nitro boost while still aiming, then fire it and it works.

This is better than having to switch back and forth to first person mode.

I'm using Nvidia surround at 5760x1080 resolution for reference.

Yeaahhh !!!! Awesome :D thx for sharing :) will try this one as soon as I get home :D does it activate the nitro itself ? Like when your out of nitro this workaround won't work or it still work ? Thanks again :D great community here I love more and more this forum :D