Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2015, 21:12 

Hello, I'm completely new to WSGF and wide screen gaming in general. A few days ago i got a Dell U3415W and so far I love it. The unit i received has some dirt in between the panel and the glass, so I'll need to send this in to get a replacement soon, but in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out something about flawless widescreen.

I'm trying to play Dark Souls 2 SOTFS and flawless widescreen has a warning that the game was not previously vac secured, but now it is. It goes on to say that the HUD fix plugin of the DS Fix uses intrusive means to fix the HUD and the plugin is no longer safe to use without risk of receiving a VAC ban.

My question is, Can I leave the HUD fix disabled and just use the Aspect Ratio/ Letterbox fix and be safe from a VAC ban. I really liked Dark souls 2 and just got the scholar of the first sins upgrade over the steam sale. I just got around to installing it and im excited to play it, I just don't want to risk getting VAC banned. Do any of you guys have any advice for me? Thanks so much.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 05:40 

While Flawless Widescreen states DS2:SOFS is VAC-Secured, it really isn't. It initially started out as non-VAC secured, then they added it in shortly after. later, VAC was removed because some people were using GESATO and other harmless mods. This can be verified by checking the store page's right hand column. No mention of VAC.